TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:48:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Tickets for Richard Thompson : Sat 15th The Lowry, Salford Quays  (Read 3518 times)
Ian Mobley

Loc: Manchester, UK

« on: January 08, 2011, 04:38:43 PM »

Apologies if this is an inappropriate area for this post, but I have a couple of tickets to see Richard Thompson on Saturday 15th January at The Lowry in Salford Quays, Manchester, and, due to a family emergency - I now can't go.  These tickets were a Christmas gift from my wife, and she took particular care to book great seats : 4 rows back in the circle and on the end of a row for extra leg stretching room - D37 & D38.  Venue seat plan here : http://www.thelowry.com/plan-your-visit/booking-information/seat-plans/lyric-theatre/

I just want to make sure they get used, and I only want to cover face value of £25 each, so if you are interested - please PM me.  I am happy to meet up in/around Manchester and exchange for good old fashioned cash (£50), or I can send Special Delivery (tickets in hand now), for an extra £5.  Funds to be sent via PayPal please for the posted option : £55 in total.

I'm gutted - as I have been looking forward to this gig since Christmas, but - I just can't make it.

This is a great venue sound wise - purpose built for concerts and theatre, and I believe RT is on cracking form currently with an excellent touring band. Showtime : 7.30 p.m.

Thanks    

IM
Ian Mobley

Loc: Manchester, UK

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »

Just a quick update - I had no takers, so - with much negotiation, managed to extricate myself from the family commitment, and got to see RT.  Mrs M was unable to go, so I took a mate of mine who is a studio engineer and producer - with no experience of Fairport or RT, and he was blown away by the performance, as indeed was I.  If you haven't got tickets for this tour - I would definitely see if you can pick some up (and I don't think it's totally sold out), as Richard and the superb band are on stunning form.  A great night.

IM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: