TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:26:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you like to see at Cropredy 2011?  (Read 326074 times)
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #420 on: November 02, 2010, 10:42:35 PM »

Was listening to that Bon Jovi gig on Radio 2 earlier, Jon Bon Jovi said that they are returning to the UK and Euroope for a tour next year and are looking to play some outdoor summer gigs in the UK.  Watch this space? The village shop should do a roaring trade in lighter so that we can all light them up during that gig.....(Straight jacket on and running for the hills........ Grin Grin Grin

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #421 on: November 03, 2010, 08:59:04 AM »

Was listening to that Bon Jovi gig on Radio 2 earlier, Jon Bon Jovi said that they are returning to the UK and Euroope for a tour next year and are looking to play some outdoor summer gigs in the UK.  Watch this space? The village shop should do a roaring trade in lighter so that we can all light them up during that gig.....(Straight jacket on and running for the hills........ Grin Grin Grin

I've seen Bon Jovi 4 times and they put on an excellent, professional show every time. In Hyde Park they played (and he sang) for nearly 3 hours.

But they're not really "Cropredy" are they  Undecided The Blues Band are tho, and The Manfreds. I'd be up for them  Smiley

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #422 on: November 03, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »

I've seen Bon Jovi 4 times and they put on an excellent, professional show every time. In Hyde Park they played (and he sang) for nearly 3 hours.

But they're not really "Cropredy" are they  Undecided The Blues Band are tho, and The Manfreds. I'd be up for them  Smiley

Oh I don't know......Friday night headliners? All lights and big noise, would make for good fun IMHO.  Any reasoned arguement for your statement?

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »

Was listening to that Bon Jovi gig on Radio 2 earlier, Jon Bon Jovi said that they are returning to the UK and Euroope for a tour next year and are looking to play some outdoor summer gigs in the UK.  Watch this space? The village shop should do a roaring trade in lighter so that we can all light them up during that gig.....(Straight jacket on and running for the hills........

Oh I don't know......Friday night headliners? All lights and big noise, would make for good fun IMHO.  Any reasoned arguement for your statement?

Reasoned arguments on Talkawhile? how long has this been a requirement??  Grin

Anyway, I haven't got one  Roll Eyes I'd love to see them there. They are a great singalong band and JBJ loves an audience. He did a little accoustic set once in the centre of Cardiff during lunchtime. Heather Lockyear (the then Mrs Ritchie Sambora) was there. Proper rock chic  Tiara

fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #424 on: November 03, 2010, 12:48:23 PM »

Was listening to that Bon Jovi gig on Radio 2 earlier, Jon Bon Jovi said that they are returning to the UK and Euroope for a tour next year and are looking to play some outdoor summer gigs in the UK.  Watch this space? The village shop should do a roaring trade in lighter so that we can all light them up during that gig.....(Straight jacket on and running for the hills........

Reasoned arguments on Talkawhile? how long has this been a requirement??  Grin

Anyway, I haven't got one  Roll Eyes I'd love to see them there. They are a great singalong band and JBJ loves an audience. He did a little accoustic set once in the centre of Cardiff during lunchtime. Heather Lockyear (the then Mrs Ritchie Sambora) was there. Proper rock chic  Tiara

I think they would be fun

and what do you mean not really "Cropredy"? I have seen more diverse bands there than anywhere else,
 Jools holland was brilliant and 10cc. Anything goes I say
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #425 on: November 03, 2010, 01:08:05 PM »

Cant be worse than this year's  Grin. Will they have BIG hair as well?

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #426 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:08 PM »

Was listening to that Bon Jovi gig on Radio 2 earlier, Jon Bon Jovi said that they are returning to the UK and Euroope for a tour next year and are looking to play some outdoor summer gigs in the UK.  Watch this space? The village shop should do a roaring trade in lighter so that we can all light them up during that gig.....(Straight jacket on and running for the hills.......

But they're not really "Cropredy" are they  Undecided The Blues Band are tho, and The Manfreds. I'd be up for them

Cant be worse than this year's  Grin. Will they have BIG hair as well?

I know who you're referring to there NickReg  Angry   Roll Eyes

No he doesn't have a poodle perm any more, shame. I liked it!

Kurt

Loc: New Castle , Colorado

« Reply #427 on: November 03, 2010, 05:04:10 PM »

A set by Judy Dyble followed by a set from Jackie Mcauley and then a collaboration of Trader Horne material.

City lights don't shine,they glare
and your music doesn't speak,it swears
and in your streets,the ghosts have forgotten why they're there

Lindisfarne-City Song
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #428 on: November 03, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »

Must be about time that we had the Men They Couldn't Hang.
Definitely, and they did tell us a couple of years ago that they'd love to play Cropredy.

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
David (terrrrrrrr)
I'm all out for the cidre...
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Deux Sevres, France

C'est moi... (and my wife)

« Reply #429 on: November 03, 2010, 05:21:16 PM »

I know that a vote for The Hollies was made a good few pages back, but they would be superb...

Time it was, and what a time it was
A time of innocence, A time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #430 on: November 03, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »

I know that a vote for The Hollies was made a good few pages back, but they would be superb...

Not for me - too many non-original yet essential members makes them a mere cabaret act these days.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
David (terrrrrrrr)
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #431 on: November 03, 2010, 06:09:23 PM »

Not for me - too many non-original yet essential members makes them a mere cabaret act these days.
Jules

Can't argue with what you say Jules, I just think that despite all that, hearing loads of those great songs would be enough to do the trick, at least for me. Graham Nash in Hollies action would be truly fantastic, but it ain't gonna happen.

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #432 on: November 03, 2010, 06:56:03 PM »

Graham Nash in Hollies action would be truly fantastic, but it ain't gonna happen.

He did it in '84 (I think) and I'm pretty certain I read an interview a couple of years ago saying he wouldn't mind doing it again as a one off.  That may of course have been the RocknRoll Hall of fame thing which was somewhat hilarious/sad in Allan Clarke totally ignoring and pulling the mic away from one of the later members (can't think who it was..Sylvester?) whilst the 2 guys still running the band (Hicks and Elliot) weren't on stage as they were contracted to do a gig somewhere else.  An AC less Hollies is a rather ridiculous thing imho.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
David (terrrrrrrr)
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #433 on: November 03, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »

Graham Nash in Hollies action would be truly fantastic, but it ain't gonna happen.

He did it in '84 (I think) and I'm pretty certain I read an interview a couple of years ago saying he wouldn't mind doing it again as a one off.  That may of course have been the RocknRoll Hall of fame thing which was somewhat hilarious/sad in Allan Clarke totally ignoring and pulling the mic away from one of the later members (can't think who it was..Sylvester?) whilst the 2 guys still running the band (Hicks and Elliot) weren't on stage as they were contracted to do a gig somewhere else.  An AC less Hollies is a rather ridiculous thing imho.

I can dream...

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #434 on: November 03, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »

Plan B, please
summat a wee bit different

The Dude abides
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #435 on: November 03, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »

I saw them about 12 or so years ago when Clarke was still there, they were excellent. Tony Hicks still looked about 15.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Dave Brzeski
I'm seeing an alternate universe

Loc: Peterborough

IM me here before requesting ICQ/Yahoo/MSN

« Reply #436 on: November 03, 2010, 11:47:38 PM »

Yes, I HATE Bon Jovi! LOL
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #437 on: November 04, 2010, 06:47:40 AM »

Tony Hicks still looked about 15.

He and Iain Matthews clearly worship the same God.  Its quite preposterous. Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
David (terrrrrrrr)
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #438 on: November 04, 2010, 07:08:10 AM »

He and Iain Matthews clearly worship the same God.  Its quite preposterous. Grin

Agreed...

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #439 on: November 04, 2010, 09:33:53 AM »

the secret is to stay clean shaven and dye you hair from an early age
or like a pal of mine who is 60 this week and looks the same as he did at 30, dont get married and stay at home

The Dude abides
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: