Steeleye Chatter
(1/59) > >>
Barry:
Please use this thread for your chatter
martin driver:
any news of a replacement for Ken yet Barry
JohnS:
Should the replacement be from a predominately ‘folk’ or ‘rock’ background??
Should they be a ‘singer songwriter’ ala Ken?
Or given the last album should they be mainly supporting the Peter/Maddy trad-arr approach? Or will the band change direction again?

Questions Questions!

Love it though. 2 new tours and hopefully a new album next Autumn.

Also is Rick going to quit as he (more than) hinted at last year??

So, who should replace Rick as well?!!  
davidmjs:
As you may have seen elsewhere I have been going through a pile of old ITs, Frendz etc...all great fun.  Amongst the collection I came across a mag called FAPTO which appears to be from the hippie metropolis of Margate.  Issue 4 includes an interview (of sorts) with Steeleye around the release of Ten Man Mop, or Mr. Reservoir Butler Rides Again .  Its a complete joke the interview..lots of swearing and nothing attributed to anybody in particular and the interviewers admit their tape recorder didn't work properly so they 'remembered' most of it.

If you want a flavour of it, here's the introduction (try not to wince):

Steeleye Span - four really happy guys and one happy chick who sits and embroiders or darns socks or something.  Even though Steeleye have taken to electrifying their equipment and moving from the smaller folk clubs to appear before a wider audience, we still found them to be completely down to earth folkies.

;D ;D
Deborah Knight:
Quote from: martin driver on August 24, 2010, 09:51:52 AM

any news of a replacement for Ken yet Barry

I know that it is okay for me to say that a replacement hasn't been found as yet, because Peter mentioned it recently on his Facebook page :)

As soon as there is any news of any description that is ready to be made public, it will certainly appear on Peter's website without delay. I'll make sure of that, as I upload the news and info  :D

Peter says 'Patience, Grasshoppers' ;)

Navigation
Message Index
Next page