TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 20, 2019, 08:12:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zigzag 5th Anniversary Gig From 1974 Box set Released  (Read 2830 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« on: August 07, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »

This planned box set - featuring Michael Nesmith et al may be rather interesting to those of a certain vintage...

http://www.starryeyedandlaughing.com/zigzag02.htm

Once in a while, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

Omnia ti bi felicia

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 03:34:51 PM »

This planned box set - featuring Michael Nesmith et al may be rather interesting to those of a certain vintage...

Goodness, don't know how I missed that show. Help Yourself, Starry Eyed & Laughing, Chilli Willie & Stewart & Nesmith & at the Roundhouse AND on a Sunday? Crikey. I almost lived there on Sundays. Help Yourself were from my corner of the (Epping) Forest, SE&E were great jangly regulars just about everywhere, Martin Stone always kicked up a storm whoever he wsas playing with. Did DM & Peggy play with Mike Nesmith as they did at Drury Lane? (We've probably had that conversation, but that Roundhouse vibe has just engulfed me again. must have a lie down!)  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »

Zigzag was an ace magazine. I've still got a pile in the loft.
Fabulous articles on Mott Beefheart etc and the origin of Pete Frame's family trees. Grin

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
DaviD J (was geriatrix)

Loc: Bucks

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »

Streuth. I wonder what the sound quality is really like. Seriously tempted by this.....
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Omnia ti bi felicia

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »

Streuth. I wonder what the sound quality is really like. Seriously tempted by this.....

A bit late in replying, but I've only recently come into possession of a copy. Don't know if any of the sets are edited. Overall, the whole thing is great fun & evokes the Roundhouse atmosphere perfectly. All the sets are great, only Aj Webber is missing. Sound quality is terrific & the performances likewise. Highly recommended.  Smiley

PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 12:44:19 PM »

Aj Webber?! I saw her at the Southport Theatre way back in the 70s, she was supporting................. Kraftwerk - unless my memory banks are corrupted.

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 01:57:56 PM »

I used to have a tape of the Nez set but it got stolen.

Someone sent me a CDR replacement a few years ago, but I could swear it was a different gig.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Omnia ti bi felicia

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 02:17:26 PM »

Aj Webber?! I saw her at the Southport Theatre way back in the 70s, she was supporting................. Kraftwerk - unless my memory banks are corrupted.

She was quite good. Saw her a few times around then. Once she was supporting the Chris Farlowe Band (featuring Gerry Conway) at a Radio 1 In Concert show at the BBC Paris Theatre.

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 07:48:50 PM »

Didn't think it warranted a new thread so this seemed as good a place as any to drop it.  Essential looking Rockpalast set from SE&L http://www.starryeyedandlaughing.com/Starry_Rockpalast.htm?fbclid=IwAR1hL4dE3XjkWD_QCS_visdUhjYUGBf90XT2F19F6zvMzOsG2iFOC12cChs

Once in a while, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Omnia ti bi felicia

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 09:01:35 PM »

Didn't think it warranted a new thread so this seemed as good a place as any to drop it.  Essential looking Rockpalast set from SE&L http://www.starryeyedandlaughing.com/Starry_Rockpalast.htm?fbclid=IwAR1hL4dE3XjkWD_QCS_visdUhjYUGBf90XT2F19F6zvMzOsG2iFOC12cChs

I'm in.  Smiley

PJayBe

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 10:19:27 PM »

…...and it's absolutely bloody fantastic!!!  The sow on DVD and CD accompanied by a disc of the original studio versions of the songs in the live set.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: