TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:38:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Rare" FC Poster on eBay  (Read 44463 times)
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 07:03:23 AM »

Hi All - bit of advice if possible please.

Reading this thread reminded me I have an oiginal festival poster for the 8th National Jazz and Blues festival at Sunbury 9-11th Aug 1968 featuring, amongst others, Fairport (twice), Jethro Tull, The Nice, Jeff Beck and Traffic.

Do you think it might be worth 'owt?

Depending on condition, anything from £50-£250 I'd say, possibly more if its in truly exceptional condition.

If you put it on hte Cropredy car boot sale I'll give ay a tenner for it

thats more realistic but still about £9.50 too much for a fairport relic with nothing to validate it

You owd cynic you!  Wink

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 08:07:23 AM »

There must be a lot of peggys plectrums available to ebay  Huh
Dave Brzeski
I'm seeing an alternate universe

Loc: Peterborough

IM me here before requesting ICQ/Yahoo/MSN

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »

Hi All - bit of advice if possible please.

Reading this thread reminded me I have an oiginal festival poster for the 8th National Jazz and Blues festival at Sunbury 9-11th Aug 1968 featuring, amongst others, Fairport (twice), Jethro Tull, The Nice, Jeff Beck and Traffic.

We recently (OK, a couple of years ago, but that is recently in my mind) had someone bring in a small poster (flyer really) for a little festival in Crowland in 1967 (if I remember rightly). It was torn up the middle crease to about halfway & had no artwork, just text. Lots of interesting bands, but included Pink Floyd, from before they were well known, so it fetched £1,200 on eBay.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »

thats more realistic but still about £9.50 too much for a fairport relic with nothing to validate it

On that basis virtually everything in every antique shop in the land is worth nowt....surely one uses one's own skill, expertise and 'sixth sense' to validate anything...  that's worth a lot more than any meaningless 'certificate of authenticity' or somesuch....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 12:15:50 PM »

Incidentally, if you want to maximise bids on a particular item, don't finish it just after Midnight on a Sunday night (unless you're determined to sell it to the US)....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Hurricane (Dan)

Loc: Manchester

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 12:46:24 PM »

On that basis virtually everything in every antique shop in the land is worth nowt....surely one uses one's own skill, expertise and 'sixth sense' to validate anything...  that's worth a lot more than any meaningless 'certificate of authenticity' or somesuch....

Exactly Davidmjs. Not sure I could sit through an episode of Antiques Roadshow following Jim's rules:

"Have you got a letter to go with it?"
"No."
"Well it's worth 50p then."

Next item:
"Have you got...."

I'll scan it and PM you if you fancy having a look at it Davidmjs?

My wife and kids are leaving me because of my obsession with horse racing. They're at the gate now. And they're off!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »

Well, it won't for a steal imho...£90.36.  Anyone on here the successful bidder?

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 10:48:31 AM »

Well, it won't for a steal imho...£90.36.  Anyone on here the successful bidder?

Roll Eyes

The Dude abides
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »

If this sort of thing comes up again, I stumbled upon an interesting resource today. What wouldn't you have given to have been at The Fillmore East in June 1970?  Smiley
http://home.myfairpoint.net/srabbot/rt/rtbase.htm#1968

And to have seen RT and Sandy Denny performing Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep the year after...  Grin  

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »

If this sort of thing comes up again, I stumbled upon an interesting resource today. What wouldn't you have given to have been at The Fillmore East in June 1970?  Smiley

And to have seen RT and Sandy Denny performing Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep the year after...  Grin  

Ooooh that's just like having a memory jogging stick Shane.... very useful... Grin

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »

didnt middle of the road repay the compliment by finishing off their shows with a stirring rendition of "Night Comes In"?

The Dude abides
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »

didnt middle of the road repay the compliment by finishing off their shows with a stirring rendition of "Night Comes In"?

Grin

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Rory.
onions aren't meant to be grated
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Brighton

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »

That looks like the work of a "Timothy Spall in Shooting the Past" type, and I mean that with affection and respect - what an amazing record.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2011, 11:08:45 PM »

Jim,you and i are old enough to remember Hendrix on the Lulu show ,'that was just great Jimi'
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 12:34:19 AM »

I'm particularly taken with the 1981 appearance on the "Jane Thakery" show on BBC2. This was before the sex change, presumably? Wink
Rory.
onions aren't meant to be grated
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Brighton

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:52 AM »

I'm particularly taken with the 1981 appearance on the "Jane Thakery" show on BBC2. This was before the sex change, presumably? Wink

Do you think Jane went on and on?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmSezwugtd8
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: