TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 11, 2018, 11:46:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Folk music on the radio?  (Read 294444 times)
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #820 on: October 30, 2018, 05:14:21 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a sizzling platter of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Tedeschi Trucks Band, Boo Hewerdine, Niall Kelly, Sonny Landreth, Jo Harman, Chris Smither, Judy Dyble, Danni Nicholls, Ruby & The Revelators, Becky Jerams, Marley Blandford, Megan Linford, The Puss Puss Band, Andrew Duhon, Amy Helm, David Burchfield, Jim Lauderdale, Joe Purdy & Amber Rubarth, Kathy Mattea, Lucie Silvas, Phil Cook, Jigantics, Otis Gibbs, The Byrds...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #821 on: November 06, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a fork-bendingly brilliant blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Ian McNabb, Richard Thompson, Steve Tilston, John Martyn, Jackie Leven, Shawn Colvin, Findlay Napier, Sean Taylor, Blair Dunlop, Kitty MacFarlane, John Cougar Mellencamp, Edie Brickell, Jimmy Aldridge & Sid Goldsmith, Rachael McShane, Hickory Signals, Richard & Linda Thompson, America, Martin Carthy, Fotheringay...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide web here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #822 on: November 09, 2018, 11:40:54 AM »

By the way, if you're a regular (or even occasional) listener, and you enjoy the show, there's a chance for you to vote for Scattering The Roots with Dan Ogus in this year's Express FM Listener's Choice Award.  Smiley

Please cast your vote here :

www.expressfm.com/awards/

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #823 on: November 10, 2018, 01:40:56 PM »

A mix with 3 tracks from the Save Lancaster Musician's Co-op compliation plus a track from the album, "Songs for the Voiceless" by Josienne Clarks and others which was released in 2014.

Hiroshima Twinkie, Jenny Lascelles, Twelfth Day, Davy Lees, Paddy Garrigan & The Stroller Priests, Cara Dillon, Gilmore and Roberts (2 tracks), Jez Lowe, Josienne Clarke, Jamie Smith's Mabon and The Long Lost Band & Larry Beckett.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-8-november-2018/

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/oct/09/bella-hardy-josienne-clarke-songs-for-the-voiceless-review
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:58:43 PM by ColinB » Logged

Listen to my folk & acoustic music shows on Mixcloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #824 on: November 13, 2018, 05:54:04 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a cunningly-blended collation of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Bob Dylan, Martin Simpson, Mississippi John Hurt, Fairport Convention, Queen, Paul Brady, Joe Bonamassa, Joni Mitchell, Cream, Kelly Joe Phelps, Morning Bear, Jefferson Hamer, Hayes Carll, Underhill Rose, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Chatham County Line, Deep Dark Woods, Sufjan Stevens, This Is The Kit, Chris Cornell, Peter Bruntnell...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!

Loc: Isle of Skye

« Reply #825 on: November 14, 2018, 07:36:21 PM »

I can honestly say, listening to this show gives me the feeling I used to get as a teenager, listening to John Peel. Hearing things which I loved as well as hearing exciting new sounds.

I always go to bed and listen, often in the dark as I used to back in those days. Last night’s show was just sublime!

Thanks, Dan.

...If the good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise.
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #826 on: November 20, 2018, 12:34:18 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight as usual. Apologies for no artist list this week - totally forgot to copy it across before leaving the house. However, train interweb has allowed me to link to Faceache where the list should be. Normal service resumed next time  Smiley

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157081051035757&id=628575756
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #827 on: November 27, 2018, 04:36:30 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, an epic sharing platter of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Boo Hewerdine, Seth Lakeman, Skerryvore, Boss Caine, Kacy & Clayton, Laura Marling, Mississippi John Hurt, Devin Balram, Melissa Ferrick, Keegan McInroe, Beth Hart, Erin Rae, Kyle Cox, John Baumann, Dick Van Altena, Liz & The Lovelies, Gem Andrews, Sally Strawberry, Luke & Charlotte Ritchie, Fleet Foxes, Home Service, Bellowhead, Jackie Oates...

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #828 on: December 04, 2018, 04:44:51 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a most agreeable combination of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Ian McNabb, Bob Dylan, McDermott's Two Hours, New Model Army, Jeff Beck, Eric Bibb, Elton Hercules John, Shawn Colvin, The High Bar Gang, Winter Mountain, Kendel Carson, Jimmy Rankin, Garrick Rawlings, Shepard Tone, Ian Roland, Strong Water, Sarah Clanton, Van Andrew, Gordon Lightfoot, Bee Gees, Pink Floyd...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide interweb here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #829 on: December 09, 2018, 06:50:05 PM »

I've done my usual end of year review of folk and acoustic releases with about half of the albums having been sent to me by promoter Jane Brace. I've chosen the shortest tracks from each album so you get 20 tracks in just under an hour. Hopefully there are some of your own favourites among these...

Breabach, Cardboard Fox, Damien O'Kane & Ron Block, Davy Lees, Gilmore & Roberts, Greg Russell & Ciaran Algar, Hannah Saunders & Ben Savage, Hickory Signals, Kelly Oliver, Kitty MacFarlane, Mike Vass, Ninebarrow, Sarah McQuaid, Skerryvore, The Broken-Hearted Few, The Low Countries, The Willows, Will Pound, William The Conqueror and Yves Lambert Trio.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/best-folk-acoustic-music-2018/

Greg Russell & Ciaran Algar probably get my vote for best gig of the year with Cara Dillon coming a close second.

Listen to my folk & acoustic music shows on Mixcloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #830 on: Today at 05:02:01 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering the Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a delightful selection of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

All About Eve, The Waterboys, Steve Earle, Jeff Buckley, Neil Young, Trader Horne, Peter Bruntnell, Tom Petty, The Byrds, Iota, Matt Litzinger, Buckingham Nicks, Zack Trojano, Roo Panes, Fox & Bones, Fairport Convention, Richard Thompson, The Beach Boys, Heather Nova, Derek & The Dominos...

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: