TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
November 13, 2018, 05:46:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Folk music on the radio?  (Read 288488 times)
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #820 on: October 30, 2018, 05:14:21 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a sizzling platter of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Tedeschi Trucks Band, Boo Hewerdine, Niall Kelly, Sonny Landreth, Jo Harman, Chris Smither, Judy Dyble, Danni Nicholls, Ruby & The Revelators, Becky Jerams, Marley Blandford, Megan Linford, The Puss Puss Band, Andrew Duhon, Amy Helm, David Burchfield, Jim Lauderdale, Joe Purdy & Amber Rubarth, Kathy Mattea, Lucie Silvas, Phil Cook, Jigantics, Otis Gibbs, The Byrds...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #821 on: November 06, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a fork-bendingly brilliant blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Ian McNabb, Richard Thompson, Steve Tilston, John Martyn, Jackie Leven, Shawn Colvin, Findlay Napier, Sean Taylor, Blair Dunlop, Kitty MacFarlane, John Cougar Mellencamp, Edie Brickell, Jimmy Aldridge & Sid Goldsmith, Rachael McShane, Hickory Signals, Richard & Linda Thompson, America, Martin Carthy, Fotheringay...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide web here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #822 on: November 09, 2018, 11:40:54 AM »

By the way, if you're a regular (or even occasional) listener, and you enjoy the show, there's a chance for you to vote for Scattering The Roots with Dan Ogus in this year's Express FM Listener's Choice Award.  Smiley

Please cast your vote here :

www.expressfm.com/awards/

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #823 on: November 10, 2018, 01:40:56 PM »

A mix with 3 tracks from the Save Lancaster Musician's Co-op compliation plus a track from the album, "Songs for the Voiceless" by Josienne Clarks and others which was released in 2014.

Hiroshima Twinkie, Jenny Lascelles, Twelfth Day, Davy Lees, Paddy Garrigan & The Stroller Priests, Cara Dillon, Gilmore and Roberts (2 tracks), Jez Lowe, Josienne Clarke, Jamie Smith's Mabon and The Long Lost Band & Larry Beckett.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-8-november-2018/

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/oct/09/bella-hardy-josienne-clarke-songs-for-the-voiceless-review
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:58:43 PM by ColinB » Logged

Listen to my folk & acoustic music shows on Mixcloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: