TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 19, 2018, 04:30:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Folk music on the radio?  (Read 295671 times)
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #800 on: October 06, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »

DAB signal is fine in Bognor

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #801 on: October 06, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »

DAB signal is fine in Bognor

Very reassuring, thank you, Bill !
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #802 on: October 08, 2018, 02:12:24 PM »

The Ballads of the Great War

The Ballad of the Great War - 1915, featuring stories told by men and women who took part in the conflict both at home and abroad. The stories are accompanied by original music written especially for the programme and was inspired by the stories told.

In this programme we hear about the Zeppelin air raids when, for the first time in modern warfare, towns and cities of mainland Britain were bombed, the disastrous Gallipoli campaign and we also hear the stories of two women who survived the attack on the ill fated liner Lusitania, sunk by a U-boat off Ireland in May 1915 with the loss of over 1000 passengers and crew.

The songs for this programme are performed by John Tams, Martin Carthy, Chris While, Julie Matthews, Jez Lowe, Barbara Dickson and Heidi Talbot.

This is episode 2 (seems a solo repeat, odd why this one in particular!) being repeated on
Wed 24 Oct 2018
21:00
BBC Radio 2

and available on the iplayer shortly after broadcast

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06nn8bg

delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #803 on: October 08, 2018, 04:03:27 PM »

There’s a new folk show tonight on Radio Cambridgeshire at 7.00pm, I understand.

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #804 on: October 09, 2018, 05:05:36 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a benchmark blend of folk, roots. blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Oysterband, Neil Young, Eliza Carthy, Matthews Southern Comfort, The Finn Brothers, Teenage Fanclub, Jackson Browne, Elles Bailey, Dave Swarbrick, Trad Arrr., Fiddlers' Bid, Sugar, Tuck & Patti, Tom Petty, The Chair, Julian Dawson, Suzanne Vega, Ashley Hutchings (feat. Polly Bolton), Christine Collister, Heather Nova, Flossie Malavialle, Vikki Clayton...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide interweb here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #805 on: October 14, 2018, 12:23:05 PM »

My most recent show on Mixcloud has been getting a few listens. On the playlist are -

Breabach, Iain Morrison & Daibhidh Martin, Luke Jackson, John Renbourn & Wizz Jones, Crying in Public Places, Patsy Matheson, The Broken-Hearted Few, Mary Battiata & Little Pink, The Kennedys, Kris Kristofferson, Swarb's Lazarus, Richard Thompson, Martha Wainwright and Tomorrow.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/otbt-radio-show-5-october-2018/

Listen to my folk & acoustic music shows on Mixcloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #806 on: October 16, 2018, 02:53:40 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a benchmark blend of folk, roots. blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Oysterband, Neil Young, Eliza Carthy, Matthews Southern Comfort, The Finn Brothers, Teenage Fanclub, Jackson Browne, Elles Bailey, Dave Swarbrick, Trad Arrr., Fiddlers' Bid, Sugar, Tuck & Patti, Tom Petty, The Chair, Julian Dawson, Suzanne Vega, Ashley Hutchings (feat. Polly Bolton), Christine Collister, Heather Nova, Flossie Malavialle, Vikki Clayton...

Last week's edition of my radio show Scattering The Roots has attained the heady position of No. 36 in the Mixcloud Blues Chart !

Wonderful news, and one mustn't grumble, however this has occurred on a week where the playlist doesn't actually feature any blues at all !

It does, however, feature folk, roots, etc...plenty of etc...from :

and you can listen again (or, indeed for the first time) here :

www.mixcloud.com/DanOgus1/scattering-the-roots-09-10-18/
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #807 on: October 16, 2018, 03:25:48 PM »

Last week's edition of my radio show Scattering The Roots has attained the heady position of No. 36 in the Mixcloud Blues Chart !

Wonderful news, and one mustn't grumble, however this has occurred on a week where the playlist doesn't actually feature any blues at all !

Good to know as I couldn't listen last week as I was at a Neil Innes gig. It is a good looking playlist too. Are you on tonight?
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #808 on: October 16, 2018, 05:09:13 PM »

Good to know as I couldn't listen last week as I was at a Neil Innes gig. It is a good looking playlist too. Are you on tonight?

Hi yes, I'm on tonight, thanks for asking. Here's the details (in a distinctly non-bot account way  Smiley ) :

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a mighty cascade of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Roger McGuinn (feat. Tom Petty), John Hiatt, Poco, Boss Caine, Jinder, Richard Thompson, Mary Gauthier, Amanda Shires, Buddy Miller (feat. Richard Thompson), Lori McKenna, Mandy Barnett, Nate Jarrett, Tommy Emmanuel, Van Morrison, Chris While & Julie Matthews, Slaid Cleaves, Kenny White, Dougie MacLean, Sam Baker, Shawnee Kilgore & Joss Whedon, Avenhart, Alejandra Ribera, Ed Dupas...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on t'internet here :

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!

Loc: Isle of Skye

« Reply #809 on: October 18, 2018, 07:59:01 PM »

Well done Dan, that is great though, that you are getting to these charts

I have missed listening in, will have to catch up when the proper wifi is back on next week!

...If the good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise.
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #810 on: October 23, 2018, 09:00:50 AM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight : this week's edition celebrates the life and music of master multi-instrumentalist Maartin Allcock.

Featuring highlights of Maart's time with Fairport Convention, and also some prime cuts from his eclectic and prolific career including recordings with Robert Plant, Beverley Craven, WAZ, Blue Tapestry, Swarb's Lazarus, and his beautifully-crafted solo albums.

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and online here :

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!

Loc: Isle of Skye

« Reply #811 on: October 23, 2018, 10:01:39 PM »

Yay! Listening at last! And reunited with J, so making him listen, too!!  Smiley

...If the good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise.
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #812 on: October 23, 2018, 11:28:23 PM »

Nice show Dan. Good to hear some of Maart's later solo stuff as I don't have his last two albums.

But it is surely Carole King's You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman, given that is who Blue Tapestry were celebrating. Wink
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #813 on: October 24, 2018, 12:02:56 AM »

Nice show Dan. Good to hear some of Maart's later solo stuff as I don't have his last two albums.

But it is surely Carole King's You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman, given that is who Blue Tapestry were celebrating. Wink

Glad you enjoyed it - Blue Tapestry were such a good band that it would've been almost churlish not to include them as an example of Maart's versatility.
Saw them twice, including their barnstorming set at Cropredy 2003.
I'd love to have seen them do it again - alas, with both Maart and Pete Zorn gone, a true reunion is no longer possible.  Cry
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #814 on: October 24, 2018, 08:21:40 AM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight : this week's edition celebrates the life and music of master multi-instrumentalist Maartin Allcock.

Featuring highlights of Maart's time with Fairport Convention, and also some prime cuts from his eclectic and prolific career including recordings with Robert Plant, Beverley Craven, WAZ, Blue Tapestry, Swarb's Lazarus, and his beautifully-crafted solo albums.

If you missed it and would like to listen (or, indeed, listen again), there's a repeat online here :

www.mixcloud.com/DanOgus1/scattering-the-roots-23-10-18-maartin-allcock-special/
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #815 on: October 24, 2018, 09:36:08 AM »

Blue Tapestry were such a good band that it would've been almost churlish not to include them as an example of Maart's versatility.
Saw them twice, including their barnstorming set at Cropredy 2003.
I'd love to have seen them do it again - alas, with both Maart and Pete Zorn gone, a true reunion is no longer possible.  Cry

Yes. I only ever saw them at Cropredy but they were terrific. They are part of my own Maart playlist too as are most of the other artists you played, with the addition of Cat Stevens, Beth Neilsen Chapman, The Bad Shepherds and Simon Nicol's solo work which Maart is all over.

The inclusion of Metal Matty reminded me how much I miss the extended medley ending to Matty. I don't know why they don't do that anymore. It doesn't need all the electronics (it was in place before Metal Matty) and always provided a musically spectacular end to the set. Now might be a good time to re-introduce some of Maart's instrumentals to the repertoire in tribute. After all they still play songs by Swarb, Sandy and Trevor.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #816 on: October 24, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »

If you missed it and would like to listen (or, indeed, listen again), there's a repeat online here :

www.mixcloud.com/DanOgus1/scattering-the-roots-23-10-18-maartin-allcock-special/

Listening to it this morning, fabulous, thank you.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #817 on: October 28, 2018, 12:24:33 PM »

The Maartin Allcock Special edition of my radio show Scattering The Roots has attained the heady position of No. 49 in the Mixcloud Folk Chart !

Thanks to everyone who's listened so far, if you'd like to listen (or listen again), please click on the link below :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #818 on: October 29, 2018, 05:52:57 PM »

Just one more post on this (promise)...the Maartin Allcock Special edition of Scattering The Roots has risen to Number 43 in the Mixcloud Folk Charts !

Thanks again to everyone who's listened so far, and celebrated Maart's incredible musicianship !

Listen here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #819 on: October 30, 2018, 02:16:46 PM »

Just one more post on this (promise)...the Maartin Allcock Special edition of Scattering The Roots has risen to Number 43 in the Mixcloud Folk Charts !

Thanks again to everyone who's listened so far, and celebrated Maart's incredible musicianship !

Listen here :

Well, what can I say. The Maartin Allcock Special Edition of Scattering The Roots has risen inexorably to No. 40 in the Mixcloud Folk Charts ! This is officially a Good Thing ! *

Listen here :

* I know I promised there'd be just one more post about this, but reaction to the show has exceeded expectations, and for that I'm truly thankful !
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: