TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
September 23, 2018, 11:52:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Folk music on the radio?  (Read 277394 times)
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #760 on: July 10, 2018, 05:08:33 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a tantalising blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Iota, Edwina Hayes, Swarb's Lazarus, Paul Brady, Dennis Wilson (feat. The Foo Fighters' Taylor Hawkins), Blue Tapestry, Pink Floyd, Gary Moore, Daniel Kirkpatrick & The Bayonets, Derik Hultquist, Ferdinand The Bull, Sam Lewis, Simon Murphy, Old Man Luedecke, Pete Kennedy, Rita Hosking, Pat McGee, Nightingail, Riley Moore, The Band, Bob Fox, Led Zeppelin...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide interweb here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #761 on: July 17, 2018, 04:56:35 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a palette-cleansing blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Niall Kelly, Ruby & The Revelators, Judy Dyble, Jon Gomm, Megan Linford, Maria Muldaur, Andrew Duhon, Alice Milburn, Marley Blandford, Bex Marshall, Danni Nicholls, Thea Gilmore, Joan Osborne, Jo Harman, The Jigantics, All About Eve, Transatlantic, Oysterband, Le Vent Du Nord, Waterson:Carthy, Van Morrison, Dave Swarbrick, The Rolling Stones...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on t'interweb here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #762 on: July 24, 2018, 05:38:20 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a fascinating blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Blair Dunlop, Linda Thompson, Jimmy Page (feat. Chris Farlowe), Kirsty MacColl, Tuck & Patti, Bob Mould, Dervish, Bob Dylan, Daniel Nestlerode, Bob Cheevers, Fleet Foxes, Jack McNeill & Charlie Heys, Marion Fleetwood, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Mitch & Mickey, Chris While & Julie Matthews, Ashgrove, Jackson Browne, Jinder...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide interweb here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #763 on: July 29, 2018, 05:29:54 PM »

There was a nice little interview with Graham Nash on Johnnie Walker’s Radio 2 programme this afternoon.
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #764 on: July 31, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight,10pm 'til Midnight, a veritable melange of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Peter Mulvey, Sonny Landreth, Patti Rothberg, Lisbee Stainton, Pierce Edens, Thomas LaVine, Scott H Biram, EJ Ouellette, Jackie Greene, TM Schiller, Martin Aelred Colgan, Alexander Wren, Paul Handyside, Anchor & Bell, Oh Susanna, Dear Fellow, Nick Primuth, Lori McKenna, Dougie MacLean, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Jon Anderson, Rachel Yamagata, Medicine Man...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the worldwide interweb here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #765 on: August 07, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »

A mix to get all you festival-goers in the mood with tracks by -

The Levellers, Kate Rusby, Sam Kelly & The Lost Boys, Afro Celt Sound System, Oysterband, Le Vent Du Nord, Fish and three Fairport numbers, two of them recorded live at Cropredy.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/cropredy-mix-2018/

Have a good time all those of you who are going. We're off to Williamson Park here in Lancaster on Saturday to see the outdoor production of The Three Musketeers. The weather forecast ain't looking too good.  Sad

Listen to my folk & acoustic music shows on Mixcloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #766 on: August 07, 2018, 04:58:06 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a rollicking jamboree of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Ian McNabb, Robert Vincent, Peter Bruntnell, Mike Scott, Sean Taylor, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Frazey Ford, Wood Wire & Words, Hip Hatchet, The Grahams, Gordie Tentrees, Simon Murphy, Kristen Graves, Kathleen Murray, James Warren, Jess Lambert, Chantel McGregor, John Verity, India Electric Co., Winter Wilson, Mary Jane...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on t'interweb here :

Big Ade

Loc: Dunblane, scotland

« Reply #767 on: August 13, 2018, 08:54:39 PM »

With Runrig's last concerts this weekend, BBC Alba have 2 programmes on. On Wed 15th,  Air an Oir, looking at the band's musical influences, and on Sunday 19th, Runrig - City of Lights, a concert from Glasgow Barowlands recorded in 1990.

There's nothing wrong with being normal, just don't be ordinary.
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #768 on: August 14, 2018, 04:11:47 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a lovingly-curated selection of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Boss Caine, Nick Harper, Luke Winslow-King, Richard Thompson, Ozric Tentacles, Bob Dylan, Pleasantville, Rory Block, Cole, Bryony Griffith, Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors, BR Lively, Mean Mary, Marla & David Celia, Alan Bonner, Dirk Schwenk, Tupelo feat. Sharon Shannon, The Beach Boys, The Kinks, Nick Drake, Hadley McCall Thackston, Andy Irvine & Luke Plumb, Penny & Sparrow, The Punch Brothers...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #769 on: August 21, 2018, 05:11:23 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, when a blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...will rain down in a cascade of aural pleasure...hear the following artists :

Hometown Show, Blair Dunlop, Jinder, Heather Maloney, Sir Vincent Lone, John Hiatt, Steve Earle, The Imagined Village, Cara Dillon, Elvis Costello, The Pogues, Teddy Thompson, Blackmore's Night, Saltfishforty, Madison Violet, Edward & Jane, Cormac O' Caiomh, Steepways, Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa, The Beatles, Fairport Convention, Seth Lakeman, John Martyn, Eric Bibb...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the t'internet here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #770 on: August 28, 2018, 07:29:10 AM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a rousing swell of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Frank Turner, Billy Bragg, Bob Dylan, Martin Carthy, Patti Scialfa, Joanne Shaw-Taylor, Dodson & Fogg, Marley Blandford, Trembling Bells, Fairport Convention, Paul Simon, Blue Water Highway Band, Stacey Randol, The Resonant Rogues, Lowland Hum, Derek Webb, Sarah MacDougall, Lyn Miles, The Saint Johns, The Owl Service, Tim Easton, Anne McCue, Josh Rouse...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and online here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #771 on: September 04, 2018, 05:32:23 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a selection of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...chosen for maximum listening pleasure, hear the following artists :

Shawn Colvin, Bonnie Raitt, Levon Helm, Martyn Joseph, Heather Maloney, Laura Nyro, Joni Mitchell, Hedy West, Ade Cull, Mondegreen, Chris Thomas, Dick Van Altena, Leif De Leeuw, Eliza Carthy & Norma Waterson, Will Pound, Beth Bombara, John Baumann, Yes, Richard Thompson, Dire Straits, Rolling Stones, Dave Swarbrick...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB, and on the world-wide interweb here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #772 on: September 11, 2018, 05:16:19 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight,  10pm 'til Midnight, a blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...that gushes forth with gusto, hear the following artists :

Civil Wars, Daoiri Farrell, Steve Tilston & Jez Lowe, Bob Dylan, Judy Dyble, Show Of Hands, Richard Thompson, Kate Rusby, Isaac Guillory, Kelly Joe Phelps, Molly's Daggers, Locust Honey String Band, Kris Delmhorst, Suzanne Vega, Ox, Tom Petty, Badly Drawn Boy, Maria The Mexican, The Likes Of Us, The Clearing, Sam Brawn, Simon Murphy, Asher Austin...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB, and on the world-wide interweb here :

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!

Loc: Isle of Skye

« Reply #773 on: September 12, 2018, 09:02:12 PM »

Thank-you Dan. A wonderful programme last night. Wish I had listened before and plan to do so as often as possible, plus to encourage  others, as well.

...If the good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise.
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #774 on: September 12, 2018, 09:30:26 PM »

Thank-you Dan. A wonderful programme last night. Wish I had listened before and plan to do so as often as possible, plus to encourage  others, as well.

Thanks for listening and your kind words - just a reminder that you can listen to all my shows again (or indeed for the first time if 10 'til Midnight on a Tuesday doesn't suit  Smiley ) at this link here :
www.mixcloud.com/danogus1
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #775 on: September 18, 2018, 04:49:01 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a cunningly-blended selection of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Tori Amos, Rickie Lee Jones, Lucy Ward, Steve Lawson, Bob Dylan, The Band, Fleetwood Cave, The Albion Band, Michelle Lewis, Bob Mould, Small Faces, Jeff Buckley, David Olney, Vanessa Peters, Greyhound, The Weight Band, Me For Queen, Simon Lynge, Andrea Glass, Thea Gilmore, Beach Boys, Jackson C Frank...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and via the world-wide interweb here :

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: