TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 14, 2018, 07:57:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Folk music on the radio?  (Read 272434 times)
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #740 on: March 20, 2018, 09:28:46 AM »

Another in my occasional series of folk music mixes. This one's just over half an hour long as I wasn't able to upload a larger file to Mixcloud yesterday so cut out three tracks. The running order is...

Clare Hastings, Wood Wire & Words, Salt House, Steve Knightley, Edgelarks, Gem Andrews, Ross Ainslie, Ewan McLennan and Cara Dillon.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-20-march-2018/

Listen to my folk & acoustic music shows on Mixcloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #741 on: March 20, 2018, 04:36:29 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering the Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a mouthwatering selection of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Megan Linford, Laura Cantrell, Oysterband, Jinder, Eric Bibb, Richard & Linda Thompson, Isaac Guillory, The Buffalo Skinners, Chasing Ebenezer, KT Tunstall, Will Overman Band, Jack van Cleaf, Submarine Lights, Blue Water Highway Band, American Scarecrows, Susan Cattaneo, King Rollo, Mumford & Sons, Elvis Costello, Beatles, Civil Wars, Butch Walker, Fleet Foxes, Old Crow Medicine Show...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and online here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #742 on: March 27, 2018, 05:08:32 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a veritable smorgasbord of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Sonny Landreth, Winter Wilson, Levellers, Chris Cornell, Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Lovemongers, Grant Lee Phillips, The Imagined Village, Missy Raines & The New Hip, Elton Hercules John, Angie Aparo, Sam Nitzberg, The King Heat Ensemble, Maria Elena Little, The Stray Birds, Eagles, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, Elbow Jane, Moulettes, Hurray For The Riff Raff, The Albion Band, Heather Nova...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide web here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #743 on: April 03, 2018, 05:10:30 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a splendid mix of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Jo Harman, Bob Dylan, Boss Caine (feat. Edwina Hayes), Teenage Fanclub, Sofia Talvik, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Nick Cave & PJ Harvey, Chris Ronald, Dan Russell, Patti Rothberg, Son Little, SYML, Amor, Bruce Springsteen, Steely Dan, Queen, Rita Hosking, Karine Polwart, Marshall McLean Band, Cameron Brooks, Lisa Redford, Heather Maloney...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide interweb here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #744 on: April 10, 2018, 04:42:27 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a fine collation of folk, roots, blues,etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Oysterband, Birds Of Chicago, Teed Up, Roy Buchanan, Chatham County Line, Steve Earle, Laura Veirs, Peter Knight's Gigspanner, Jackson Browne, Garth Brooks, Jeb Barry & The Pawn Shop Saints, CC Grace, Beatles, Dillon Warnek, Tara McLean, Yes, Norma Waterson, Thea Gilmore, Suzanne Vega, Robert Johnson...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #745 on: April 17, 2018, 05:06:49 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a smorgasbord of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

The Waterboys, Plainsong, Lucy Ward, Shake The Chains, The Rails, Sally Barker, Joan Baez, Maartin Allcock, Benjamin Pike, David Leask, Rebecca Loebe, The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer, Katy Laurel, Pretenders, Dire Straits, Julie Covington, The Transports, Kiki Dee, Fiddlers' Bid, Fairport Convention, Amy Wadge, Beach Boys, Richard & Linda Thompson...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB, and on t'interweb here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #746 on: April 24, 2018, 05:02:25 PM »

Scattering The Roots Sandy Denny Special tonight 10pm 'til Midnight.

This week's show celebrates the life and music of singer/songwriter Sandy Denny (6th January 1947 - 21st April 1978), featuring some of her best work with Fairport Convention, Fotheringay and solo, taking in excursions with The Bunch and Led Zeppelin.

Listen on DAB, on 93.7 FM and on the world-wide web here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #747 on: April 25, 2018, 09:16:06 AM »

Scattering The Roots Sandy Denny Special tonight 10pm 'til Midnight.

This week's show celebrates the life and music of singer/songwriter Sandy Denny (6th January 1947 - 21st April 1978), featuring some of her best work with Fairport Convention, Fotheringay and solo, taking in excursions with The Bunch and Led Zeppelin.

Listen on DAB, on 93.7 FM and on the world-wide web here :

A repeat of the Sandy Special is now online here :

www.mixcloud.com/DanOgus1/scattering-the-roots-sandy-denny-special-24-04-18/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #748 on: May 01, 2018, 04:55:17 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight - a scintillating blend of folk, roots, blues,etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Keb' Mo', John Hiatt, Kirsty MacColl, Suzanne Vega, Secret Sisters, Lone Justice, Bob Dylan, Shawn Colvin, Nick Drake, Mary Jane, Ruby & The Revelators, Niall Kelly, Marley Blandford, Ade Cull, Julie Felix, Bob Mould, Megan Linford, Blair Dunlop, Andrew Duhon, Eagles, Smoki Whitfield, Joni Mitchell...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on t'internet here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #749 on: May 08, 2018, 05:04:08 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a tempting blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Amelia White, Sonny Landreth, Joan Armatrading, Joanne Shaw-Taylor, The Temperance Movement, Stevie Nicks, The Zombies, Garron Frith, The Old Part Of Town, Willis Alan Ramsey, Lord & Lady, Matthew Perryman Jones, Holly Arrowsmith, Ben Reel, Sara Syms, Lindsay Ellyn, Andy Broad, Red Wood Rising, The Show Ponies, My Pizza My World, Rachel Taylor, Winterpills, The Goodbye Girls, Chris Smither...

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #750 on: May 15, 2018, 04:54:02 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a wondrous blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Blackbeard's Tea Party, Edwina Hayes, REM, The Allman Brothers Band, Michael Nesmith, Van Morrison, Gretchen Peters, Teenage Fanclub, Hometown Show, The Bangles, Travelling Wilburys, Mongrel State, Michael McDermott, Cardboard Fox, Adelaide, Paper Hawk, Pegasuses, Guy Tortora, Dennis Ellsworth, Grandpa Banana, Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan, Kate & Anna McGarrigle, The Jamie Freeman Agreement, Gram Parsons...

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #751 on: May 22, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a veritable smorgasbord of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Indigo Girls, Carter Sampson, Tori Amos, Carys, El Morgan & The Divers, Jackie Venson, Kyshona Armstrong, New Model Army, Andy White, I See Hawks In LA, Giulia Millanta, Slocan Ramblers, AlascA, Don McLean, Scott Matthews, Nancy Wilson, Blue Tapestry, Rolling Stones, Deb Sandland, Alec James, Grand Canyon, Jacob Everett Wallace, Scott Mulvahill, Wes Kirkpatrick...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and online here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #752 on: May 29, 2018, 06:09:49 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a smooth and tempting blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Bruce Springsteen, Jackson C Frank, Fairport Convention, Rory Gallagher, Jo Harman, Adrian Duffy & The Mayo Bros., Dar Williams, Dodson & Fogg, American Scarecrows, Dawn & Hawkes, Dean Fields, Derek Webb, Carl Anderson, Naomi Bedford, Eden The Cat, Jake Vroon, Holly Arrowsmith, Heather Maloney, Dottie Scharr, Eleanor, Dustin Ransom, Marillion, Steve Howe, Led Zeppelin...

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #753 on: June 05, 2018, 05:34:01 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a tantalising blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Austin Lucas, Le Vent Du Nord, The Slambovian Circus Of Dreams, Pearl Charles, Sofia Talvik, Josh Rouse, Noah Gundersen, Mike Edel, Good Old War, Ralegh Long, Roseanne Cash, Matthew Perryman Jones, Joe Marson, Jon Bayley, Lindsey Luff, Lowland Hum, Midnight Pilot, Robin James Hurt, Ellen O'Meara, Charlie Faye, Sarah Hurst, Sheldon Clark, Emily Hackett, Paper Aeroplanes, PW Gopal, Heart Of Oak, The Paper Trains...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide web here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #754 on: June 06, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »

A radio show recorded at home which, despite using my Shure mic, the links still make me sound like I've got a cold. It features two songs written by Nigel Parrington of Lancaster band The Low Countries who have an album launch this weekend. Sadly Nigel is moving to Belgium this summer as his wife is from there and presumably they reckon their kids will have a better life there than here post-Brexit. So on the playlist is...

The Low Countries, Flossie Malavialle, Josh Turner, The Broken-Hearted Few, Will Pound, Skerryvore, John Renbourn & Wizz Jones, Siobhan Miller, Eddi Reader, Indigo Girls and Nigel Parrington.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-6-june-2018/

Listen to my folk & acoustic music shows on Mixcloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #755 on: June 12, 2018, 05:28:46 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a smorgasbord of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Mary Chapin Carpenter, Sally Barker, Danni Nicholls, Elles Bailey, Robert Vincent, Elbow Jane, Patty Loveless, Tobias Ben Jacob, Sailing Stones, Ferris & Sylvester, Butch Parnell, MG Boulter, Sons Of Bill, Benedict Benjamin, Cashavelly Morrison, Samantha Whates, The Cains, Ned Roberts, The Show Ponies, Adam Beattie, April Verch, Josienne Clarke & Ben Walker, Betty Soo, Whiskey Moon Face, The Local Strangers...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on t'interweb here :

blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #756 on: June 15, 2018, 03:25:28 PM »

Recommend James Fagan's two hour interview with Dave Burland on this morning's Thank Godness It's Folk on Sheffield Live if only for the story of how Tony Capstick set fire to his trousers whilst on stage.

It's available on their website to listen again or download.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:37:22 PM by blagden » Logged
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #757 on: June 19, 2018, 05:03:32 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a cunningly-blended mix of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Brass Monkey, King Crimson, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Billy Bragg, Richard Thompson, Cara Dillon, Them, The Bad Shepherds, Silly Sisters, ZZ Top, Bruce Springsteen, Kate Rusby, Kate Bush, Joni Mitchell, Rod Stewart, Deep Purple, Al Stewart, Paul Simon, Martin Simpson, The Doors, Serge Gainsbourg, Gretchen Peters, Fleetwood Mac...

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #758 on: June 26, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a skilful and cunning blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Jackie Leven, The Albion Band, Chris While & Julie Matthews, Fairport Convention, Gilmore & Roberts, Joe Bonamassa, David Celia, Ed Dupas, Tori Amos, Jennifer Warnes, Go Home Gary, John Fiddler, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Sheryl Crow, Tuck & Patti, REM, Colvin Quarmby, Patsy Matheson, Danny Schmidt, David Gilmour...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and via t'interweb here :

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #759 on: July 03, 2018, 05:12:55 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a post-football slow-burning, tempting mix of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Bob Dylan, Cream, Gin Blossoms, Otis Gibbs, Buddy Guy, Little Feat, Link Wray, John Martyn, Show Of Hands, The Decemberists, Trad. Arrr., Michael Weston King, Brother Wild, Jackie Leven, Dani Wilde, Isaac Guillory, Ben Folds, Rodriguez, Brooke Waggoner, Eric Bibb, Elton Hercules John, Jeff Beck, John Cougar Mellencamp...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on t'interweb here :

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: