TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 26, 2020, 03:24:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rescheduled Gigs  (Read 3655 times)
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »

Big Big Train have sadly announced the cancellation of their European tour
Following the announcement today of the cancellation of the Ramblin Man festival, Big Big Train are very sorry to announce the cancellation of the band’s shows in the UK, the Netherlands, Germany and Italy in July due to the coronavirus.

David Longdon comments: “We have of course continued to monitor events regarding coronavirus closely in recent weeks. With the restrictions that have been entirely understandably imposed by European governments, in conjunction with the promoters of our six shows in July we have bowed to the inevitable and been forced to cancel these concerts.”

“We were hugely looking forward to all the shows, including making our debut at the legendary Friars in Aylesbury, returning to Germany and the Netherlands and playing for the first time ever in Italy,” Greg Spawton adds. “Sadly however, it is not to be in 2020. We are instead now focusing our efforts on writing and recording a new Big Big Train studio album which we plan to release next summer. We intend to return to playing live following the completion of our next album. We expect to visit all the countries that were on the schedule for 2020 as well as adding further countries to the tour and have some exciting further news about our future live plans which we will announce shortly.”

Ticket holders should contact their point of sale for concert ticket refunds. The shows affected are:

Thursday 16 July – Friars, Aylesbury, UK
Saturday 18 July – Ramblin’ Man Festival, Kent, UK
Monday 20 July – Stadstheater, Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
Tuesday 21 July – Lichtburg, Essen, Germany
Thursday 23 July – Konzerthaus, Karlsruhe, Germany
Friday 24 July – Phenomenon, Fontaneto D’Agogna, Italy

Not surprised, but I had been really looking forward to the Aylesbury show.  Had been waiting for this announcement for some weeks.  

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »

Monkees move from July 27, 2020 to April 2, 2021.

I suspect all my remaining 2020 shows and games will be similarly rescheduled, eventually.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Global Moderator

officially an old bat.

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2020, 08:08:14 PM »

Not surprised, but I had been really looking forward to the Aylesbury show.  Had been waiting for this announcement for some weeks.  

They are so worth waiting for  Smiley

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Bedding down in Bridport for a few months

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2020, 08:25:12 PM »

The rescheduled John Grant show at RNCM (which moved from this Sunday just gone to Sept) has just been moved again to May 2021.  I suspect that's probably more realistic.

Once in a while, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2020, 09:30:16 PM »

I can vouch for that!  Cheesy

Confusion will be my epitaph
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2020, 11:19:43 AM »

Bust listening to them today - having discovered that their albums are available at a reasonable price through their Bandcamp page, so have bought some others that I didn't already have.

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Global Moderator

officially an old bat.

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2020, 11:27:48 AM »

Bust listening to them today - having discovered that their albums are available at a reasonable price through their Bandcamp page, so have bought some others that I didn't already have.

UPDATE TO EUROPEAN TOUR CANCELLATION:

Following discussions with the promoter in the last 24 hours, we confirm that we are intending to play Aylesbury Friars in 2021. Ticketholders should please treat our 16 July 2020 show as postponed rather than cancelled and retain their current tickets.

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2020, 02:18:06 PM »

UPDATE TO EUROPEAN TOUR CANCELLATION:

Following discussions with the promoter in the last 24 hours, we confirm that we are intending to play Aylesbury Friars in 2021. Ticketholders should please treat our 16 July 2020 show as postponed rather than cancelled and retain their current tickets.

Hurray!   Grin Grin Grin

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Bedding down in Bridport for a few months

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2020, 05:11:45 PM »

Gigs in Oct now getting rescheduled...New Order @ The O2 pushed back to, gulp, Nov 2021

Once in a while, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2020, 09:14:14 AM »

Gigs in Oct now getting rescheduled...New Order @ The O2 pushed back to, gulp, Nov 2021
That's actually good, as hopefully that will mean Steven Wilson at the O2 will also be postponed. If it goes ahead in September Mike simply won’t go  Sad

Confusion will be my epitaph
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: