TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:26:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Tour 2010  (Read 155706 times)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »

Another instance of the tour support getting a Cropredy slot....

Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2010, 02:45:55 PM »

TW tonight (yes, up on the shelf for us, means there should be quite a good crowd when they open the balcony) - just hope the snow has melted...
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2010, 04:15:43 PM »

Assumed it was fairly standard. When did the Wintour support not get a run out at Cropredy?
giottoscircle (Robert)
Water pistoled at the Sooty Show

Loc: Leeds

« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2010, 05:25:43 PM »

Assumed it was fairly standard. When did the Wintour support not get a run out at Cropredy?

Bizzarely,Tiny Tin Lady who had been at Cropredy before didn't appear the year that they were the Winter Tour support!
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2010, 06:02:17 PM »

though if memory serves, they did do a signing at the cd stall
Dr Clive

Loc: Chiswell Green, St Albans

« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »

They were, indeed, knocking around in the crowd, Martin.

DC
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »

thought so dr Clive,  good luck for your w/e in Hunstanton, hope the weather is kind to you
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2010, 06:53:56 PM »

thought so dr Clive,  good luck for your w/e in Hunstanton, hope the weather is kind to you

With a weekend in Hunstanton, the weather is the least of your worries!  Tongue Wink

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
Dr Clive

Loc: Chiswell Green, St Albans

« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2010, 11:16:48 AM »

With a weekend in Hunstanton, the weather is the least of your worries!  Tongue Wink

Thanks Ollie - we've never been before, so we'll bow to your local knowledge!  Wink

I've just seen that Maart and BNC & Co are camping out in St Albans for a few days - just our luck to be away when they are here (who told them?)  Grin

DC
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2010, 04:16:42 PM »

Belated report from the Stables - though I can't really add much to previous reports.  Roll Eyes

Please indulge me when I talk from my/dad's perspective - he had such a good time. I was quite nervous about taking him, as he'd only seen the Acoustic version, but as soon as Fairport came on stage, he noticeably sat up and paid attention. I try not to check-up on him too obviously when he's out, but this time I didn't have to bother Roll Eyes. I could see his feet and his fingers tapping to the beat. When I looked at him, he had a happy smile on his face - he was lost in the music Smiley

At the interval, a lady came across and commented on how much he was enjoying it. It turned out to be Simon's wife and, when she found out it was dad's birthday, she went off to tell the band.

Simon name-checked him, and he got a round of applause - the grin got wider. I don't recall seeing him enjoy himself so much since mum died.

At the end we went up to the foyer where I saw Simon and thanked him. I went to collect dad - Sylvia came up again, and he met Simon, Ric and Chris. I'd bought a programme/calendar for me - they all signed it for him!! Harumph!  Dad was beaming from ear to ear. As we went out, he had a chat to Peggy (and a hug/kiss!). He said they were 'fantastic' - he couldn't keep still during the music. He talked the whole of the journey home (an hour) - and his comment as I finally left was 'incredible', a word he rarely, if ever, uses. And I think he's finally remembered the name Fairport Convention!!

Thanks chaps  Kiss. Little things, but they meant SO much to him - thanks for taking the time. Kiss

As for me, I get let out on my own, tomorrow, at the  Cambridge gig.

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Goaty
Ewen the Navigator
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Son of a Nun

« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »

Thanks for sharing that Diane, marvellous stuff Smiley

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution, I could be an inmate in a long-term institution ...
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2010, 04:24:50 PM »

Belated report from the Stables - though I can't really add much to previous reports.  Roll Eyes

Please indulge me when I talk from my/dad's perspective - he had such a good time. I was quite nervous about taking him, as he'd only seen the Acoustic version, but as soon as Fairport came on stage, he noticeably sat up and paid attention. I try not to check-up on him too obviously when he's out, but this time I didn't have to bother Roll Eyes. I could see his feet and his fingers tapping to the beat. When I looked at him, he had a happy smile on his face - he was lost in the music Smiley

At the interval, a lady came across and commented on how much he was enjoying it. It turned out to be Simon's wife and, when she found out it was dad's birthday, she went off to tell the band.

Simon name-checked him, and he got a round of applause - the grin got wider. I don't recall seeing him enjoy himself so much since mum died.

At the end we went up to the foyer where I saw Simon and thanked him. I went to collect dad - Sylvia came up again, and he met Simon, Ric and Chris. I'd bought a programme/calendar for me - they all signed it for him!! Harumph!  Dad was beaming from ear to ear. As we went out, he had a chat to Peggy (and a hug/kiss!). He said they were 'fantastic' - he couldn't keep still during the music. He talked the whole of the journey home (an hour) - and his comment as I finally left was 'incredible', a word he rarely, if ever, uses. And I think he's finally remembered the name Fairport Convention!!

Thanks chaps  Kiss. Little things, but they meant SO much to him - thanks for taking the time. Kiss

As for me, I get let out on my own, tomorrow, at the  Cambridge gig.

Superb!  I trust you're taking him to Croppers next  Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »

Superb!  I trust you're taking him to Croppers next  Smiley

As I said elsewhere, I'd have to behave!!

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2010, 05:03:09 PM »

Diane that is just so touchingly lovely...  Smiley Smiley Smiley Tiara

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
SymonC

« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »

Absolutely superb at Tunbridge Wells last night.

Thought that the boys had got the mix of old and new spot on.

My daughter and I made a note of the set list if anyone wants to know it or hasn't seen the T-shirt! Wink

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »

when can one expect a set list?
come on you lazy gets Roll Eyes

The Dude abides
SymonC

« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »

when can one expect a set list?
come on you lazy gets Roll Eyes

I've sent you a pm.

If anyone else wants to know the set list let me know Smiley
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2010, 08:41:36 PM »

he's not lying
he did send ma a set list
good man

The Dude abides
Carrie (Carol)

« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2010, 09:01:30 PM »

Thats brilliant Diane - what a wonderful birthday for him - there will be no holding him now!!  Grin Grin
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2010, 09:13:11 PM »

Thats brilliant Diane - what a wonderful birthday for him - there will be no holding him now!!  Grin Grin

That's what's worrying me!!!!! Wink Wink

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: