TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:25:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swarb NOT at the Barbican  (Read 51318 times)
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2009, 08:31:39 PM »

Hmmm - it'll need to be someone with access to the local hostelries, as, being in the heart of the City, a fair number of hostelries in the locale are only open Mon-Fri.

Martin Driver would know one as he's prteviously organised a meet for a Barbican gig - which pub was it, Martin? And would you recommend it?

As you say Chris, many of the pubs in the area are closed at weekends, so there is not a great choice of options in the vacinity of the Barbican.  "The Old Red Cow" located at 71, Long Lane,  is the pub we met in the last time.
Directions; turn right as you exit Barbican tube station, then immediately right into Long Lane, the pub is 100 yards on the left.
They also serve food.

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub67.html

Keith
Mostly Harmless
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Land of the Reivers, Scotland

Trying to save himself.

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »

Hmmm - it'll need to be someone with access to the local hostelries, as, being in the heart of the City, a fair number of hostelries in the locale are only open Mon-Fri.

Martin Driver would know one as he's prteviously organised a meet for a Barbican gig - which pub was it, Martin? And would you recommend it?

As you say Chris, many of the pubs in the area are closed at weekends, so there is not a great choice of options in the vacinity of the Barbican.  "The Old Red Cow" located at 71, Long Lane,  is the pub we met in the last time.
Directions; turn right as you exit Barbican tube station, then immediately right into Long Lane, the pub is 100 yards on the left.
They also serve food.

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub67.html

Martin, I've already suggested a venue in the Barbican Meetup thread; the Fox and Anchor.

Already free, and soon you can pay for it...

www.underminers.org
martin driver
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2009, 09:28:12 AM »

Sorry Keith I have been away for a few days and hadn't noticed the meeting thread. The Fox & Hounds sounds good to me
Keith
Mostly Harmless
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Land of the Reivers, Scotland

Trying to save himself.

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2009, 09:40:28 AM »

Sorry Keith I have been away for a few days and hadn't noticed the meeting thread. The Fox & Hounds sounds good to me

Thanks.

Already free, and soon you can pay for it...

www.underminers.org
martin driver
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2009, 10:25:15 AM »

Oops of course I meant to say the Fox & Anchor
Jack Westwood

Loc: Glasgow

« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2009, 05:34:18 PM »

Sill Anchor, Martin.

We had an argument the other night - all because she said I didn't open the car door for her.  She said I panicked and swam out my side first....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: