TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:34:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swarb's Lazarus in Coventry July 9th  (Read 5463 times)
Chris Green

« on: June 03, 2009, 09:22:17 AM »

Hi all

Just to let you know that our guests for July at Maudslay Thursday (the 9th to be precise) are the inimitable Swarb's Lazarus, supported by the imitable Isambarde. This will be their third last gig before they call it a day. Tickets are £11 in advance or £12 on the door and you can acquire them online at http://www.wegottickets.com/location/2684 Alternatively, you can always call Lucy the Box Office on 07535 130975 and she'll give you the details necessary to pay by snail-mail!

If you're interested in having a look at other things we have coming up, our url is www.maudslaythursday.co.uk - a small oasis of folky niceness in the cultural tundra that is Coventry!

Cheers

Chris

PS - I'm hoping I've put this in the right place. If not, can a kindly mod please move it to where it should go and accept my apologies?

Never lend money to a man wearing rollerskates.
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:23:45 AM »

they should have been sent to coventry ages ago  Cheesy
Chris Green

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:14:41 PM »

Refresh.

Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »

Chris - I'll leave it to otrher mods, but strictly speaking, we don't approve of 'refreshing'.....the way to do it is to add some other morcel of info instead....

Chris Green

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 02:58:58 PM »

My bad. Won't happen again. Sorry!

Harbottle (Martin)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Coventry

Hark at me!

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 10:24:19 AM »

Hi all

Just to let you know that our guests for July at Maudslay Thursday (the 9th to be precise) are the inimitable Swarb's Lazarus, supported by the imitable Isambarde. This will be their third last gig before they call it a day. Tickets are £11 in advance or £12 on the door and you can acquire them online at http://www.wegottickets.com/location/2684 Alternatively, you can always call Lucy the Box Office on 07535 130975 and she'll give you the details necessary to pay by snail-mail!

If you're interested in having a look at other things we have coming up, our url is www.maudslaythursday.co.uk - a small oasis of folky niceness in the cultural tundra that is Coventry!

Cheers

Chris

PS - I'm hoping I've put this in the right place. If not, can a kindly mod please move it to where it should go and accept my apologies?

Oooh, I never knew there was anything like this in Coventry - which isn't lively enough to be a wasteland at the moment. Is the Maudsley the big pub on the main road through Chapelfields?

"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." - Philip Larkin
PeteD
They choose the path where no one goes...Gercha!

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »

Hi all

Cheers

Chris

Oooh, I never knew there was anything like this in Coventry - which isn't lively enough to be a wasteland at the moment. Is the Maudsley the big pub on the main road through Chapelfields?

Yep thats the one! Allesley Old Road.

Can't agree with your comments on wasteland though! What with Godiva Festival coming up this weekend (See post in Music Festivals) and loads of live music in pubs around Cov it is as vibrant a music scene as many other cities of it's size.

Check out:

www.covscene.co.uk
www.concretemag.co.uk
Zoe
The answer's yes... now, what was the question?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Whittlesey

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »

and Covfolk http://covfolk.activeboard.com/

Its a fact that all the good words hang out in all the bad places
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: