TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:35:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave Mattacks update  (Read 3646 times)
Jonathan

Loc: US

« on: October 19, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »

I saw this mention of Dave Mattacks and thought I'd pass it along.  Robbie Schaefer is a local D.C./Northern Virginia folk musician.  He's the guitarist with the band Eddie from Ohio, which was fairly popular on the East Coast of the US and New England.  Their lead singer, Julie Murphy-Wells, was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years back, which really curtailed their touring a lot.  They do ten or fifteen shows a year now, as opposed to the fifty or sixty plus they would do five years ago.  

John Jennings produced most of Mary Chapin-Carpenter's CD's, and Dave Mattacks' played on most of hers, so that's how he's involved I believe.  Mattacks also played drums on Ellis Paul's last CD.  So it appears that Mr. Mattacks is becoming quite the fixture in the Central/Northern Virginia folk scene now.  

"Strange and Lovely World" to be Released December 12
Hi everyone and welcome to the new website! My first solo album since 2004 will be released Friday, December 12 and celebrated with a show at Jammin Java in Vienna, VA. The album is titled "Strange and Lovely World" and I hope you'll find it to be both. We recorded at Red Hill studios in Charlottesville, VA with John Jennings producing. Other players included JT Brown (bass), Dave Mattacks (drums), Eddie Hartness (drums), Lloyd Maines (dobro), and Daniel Brindley (keys), as well as guest vocal appearances from Ellis Paul and Red Molly.

I am profoundly grateful to the musicians who contributed to the album, all of whom showed up with ideas and enthusiasm (and in Dave's case, a bottle of single malt).

I took me mandolin to the party, but no one asked me to play it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: