TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:54:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale and Wanted  (Read 351170 times)
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2016, 09:29:58 PM »

I have a copy of Random Precision- Recording the Music of Syd Barrett book which I have for sale on Amazon priced at £115. It's the second cheapest on there. But should any forum members want the book, I'll sell it for £85. Please pm me if interested.
Really don't want to part with the book but seriously need the cash.

Good luck with the sale, it's tough when you really need the money and have to part with stuff. Ebay prices are higher so fingers crossed for you.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2016, 06:56:07 AM »

I have a copy of Random Precision- Recording the Music of Syd Barrett book which I have for sale on Amazon priced at £115. It's the second cheapest on there. But should any forum members want the book, I'll sell it for £85. Please pm me if interested.
Really don't want to part with the book but seriously need the cash.

Good luck with the sale, it's tough when you really need the money and have to part with stuff. Ebay prices are higher so fingers crossed for you.

Nope.  £29 (with free postage!), £62 and £50 for completed sales...that's the only price that matters on eBay.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
MauriceN

Loc: Kent

« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2016, 08:19:54 AM »

Still have it though I'm not sure if I actually want to part with it now.

I may not know much about art but I know what I like
MauriceN

Loc: Kent

« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2016, 04:30:36 PM »

Decided to keep the book after all. Removed it from Amazon too.

I may not know much about art but I know what I like
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2017, 05:57:09 PM »

Having a big clear out and have just stuck a load of FC stuff on Ebay including The Other Boot/Third Leg 3 cd set and the 1989 very rare sweatshirt I am wearing in my avatar. Also the 1971 Ainsdale Beach DVD of Steeleye & FC.

Chris Green

« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2018, 12:22:33 PM »

I've reluctantly taken the decision to sell my 1988 Rob Armstrong mandocello. Having taken delivery of a new one from Rob last year, I find myself no longer in need of its services. It has (as you can see) a few honourable scars which is largely down it’s having done hundreds of gigs and having been played pretty much every day. It’s been my main instrument for the last 10 years and I’d really like it to go to someone who’ll play it and love it as much as I have.

It comes with a hard case and K&K Pure Mini pick-up installed. It was set up and some of the more egregious scars on the soundboard were restored towards the end of last year (see photos). A new one will set you back around £2000 and at least a year's waiting time.
The scale length is 640mm and the nut width is 40mm. I currently have it tuned to FCGC but am happy to restring it to GDAD/GDAE (bouzouki tuning) or CGDA (standard mandocello tuning) for a prospective buyer to try.

I'm based in Coventry and you're welcome to come and try before you buy. I'm only really prepared to post via DPD's door-to-door service - but to be honest I'd much prefer to hand it over to the buyer myself rather than entrust it to a courier. I get around the country a fair bit - all my live dates are on the website www.greenmatthews.co.uk as well the odd video/audio of the mandocello in action.

Any questions welcome.

Pictures available on the eBay listing - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232647415290?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Never lend money to a man wearing rollerskates.
folkicons

Solderer of Fortune

« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2018, 12:42:53 PM »

Swarb's nephew, Simon, has two Neumann microphones for sale that belonged to Swarb. Check out the links below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dave-Swarbrick-s-Atrax-Studio-Neumann-TLM-103-Microphone-/173637330331

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dave-Swarbrick-s-Atrax-Studio-Neumann-TLM-103-Microphone-/173637355151

These TLM 103 microphones were bought brand new and used by Swarb in his Coventry studio ATRAX from the early 2000s up until his death in 2016. They recorded lauded Albums such as raison d’être, Red Clydeside (Swarb and Alistair Hulett),Live and Kicking (Swarb’s Lazarus), Both Ears and the Tail, Straws in the Wind, (Swarb and Martin Carthy) and many many tunes and songs for other musicians worldwide. Musicians, as well as Swarb, included various members of Fairport Convention, Beryl Marriott, Peggy Seeger, Julie Felix, Bert Jansch, John Kirkpatrick, Kevin Dempsey, etc, etc.This is a whole chunk of Traditional folk music history here! Sold now by the Estate of Dave Swarbrick, October 2018.
There are some dents in one of the mics but it has been tested and works perfectly.

"The bride wore Black & Decker"
folkicons

Solderer of Fortune

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2018, 06:03:48 PM »

Swarb's mics have now been sold.

"The bride wore Black & Decker"
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #268 on: October 08, 2019, 05:06:13 PM »

The "senior citizens" uke band I play with is looking to sell a PA amp/speaker combo. Its a Montarbo FiveO Duel.  It's about 4-5 years old, but has only been used in anger (i.e. at gigs) a handful of times, so it's in pretty good condition. We're looking for around £100 for it. I have full details (i.e. an electronic copy of the user manual) if anyone would like more information, but in brief, there's 3 channels: instrument, mic and CD/tape/SD card/USB input - allows playing and singing along to backing tracks. Reverb. Remote controller for the USB/SD player. Comes with a stand. Mains power, with integral battery backup. We're selling it as there's only one band member (me!) who can lift it off the ground - the battery is heavy (man).  

Thanks

Paul

Flobbadob!
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #269 on: March 12, 2020, 10:12:44 PM »

I have two Tickets for Grace Petrie at The Wedgewood Rooms Southsea on 6th May. I will be honest with you, and confess that a better offer came up. :-)

I paid 12.50 each. Will take 10.00, plus postage if necessary.

Paul

DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2022, 01:05:46 PM »

I have an Eko Bouzouki for sale, looking for £150 . I don't know much about it's history other than I bought it 2nd hand from a music shop in Sheffield in around 1995, and I've not used it much since. IM for further details / photos if you're interested.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: