TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:10:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale and Wanted  (Read 351158 times)
mattkeen

Loc: Northamptonshire

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »

Brook Taw acoustic guitar

Made for me in 2004

Walnut back and sides, sitka top (antique honey stained) and is fitted with a Highlander rig (internal mic and bridge undersaddle pick up) thro stereo jack at strap nut. Includes Hiscox case.

Absolutely flawless OM size guitar - unmarked

New now this guitar would cost £2250

Looking for £1500
I gig very little now and I have another Brook that I play more often - so that is my reason for selling (oh plus the money!!)

I am in Northampton

Some photos and recordings of this guitar at www.myspace/mattkeenuk - if interested will send you better pics

Email:

Edit: email address removed for safety. please send an IM

Matt
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2009, 02:04:08 PM »

Made for me in 2004

Walnut back and sides, sitka top (antique honey stained) and is fitted with a Highlander rig (internal mic and bridge undersaddle pick up) thro stereo jack at strap nut. Includes Hiscox case.

Looking for £1500
I gig very little now and I have another Brook that I play more often - so that is my reason for selling (oh plus the money!!)

I am in Northampton

Some photos and recordings of this guitar at www.myspace/mattkeenuk - if interested will send you better pics

Might be a good idea to remove your email address as this is the public part of the board, and suggest people IM you instead Matt  Smiley

Edit: Email address removed for safety

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
mattkeen

Loc: Northamptonshire

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2009, 03:56:38 PM »

Made for me in 2004

Looking for £1500

I am in Northampton

Might be a good idea to remove your email address as this is the public part of the board, and suggest people IM you instead Matt  Smiley

Edit: Email address removed for safety

Thanks Jude

Not especially worried as I use that particular email address just for things posted on the web

Will remember to check for any messages

Matt
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »

Thanks Jude

Not especially worried as I use that particular email address just for things posted on the web

Will remember to check for any messages

If you tick the box in your account settings, you'll be notified by email  of any messages here Grin

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Pete Standing
Cheesy Wonder

Loc: Oxford UK

fka Cheesy

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2009, 12:53:51 PM »

Issy - try Chris Algar of Barleycorn Concertinas - he has a range of English, Anglo and Duets going from student to top-notch, all serviced and tuned. Nice chap and will buy back any concertina you get from him at the price you bought if you subsequently trade-up.

http://www.concertina.co.uk/

If the devil is so bad, why has he got all the best tunes?
Keith
Mostly Harmless
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Land of the Reivers, Scotland

Trying to save himself.

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »

Still selling my Roland TD6k drums. Haven't put them on eBay yet as I haven't had the time, though almost identical kits have been going at about £700 (it's worth at least a grand), and the Yamaha professional stool is worth at least £100 second hand too.

Will need to pick up from Essex, and looking for offers in the region of £500 without the stool, and £550 with.

It's in perfect nick, and comes with an almost new mesh snare.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Already free, and soon you can pay for it...

www.underminers.org
Keith
Mostly Harmless
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Land of the Reivers, Scotland

Trying to save himself.

« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2009, 03:49:03 PM »

A close up of the controller and mesh pad, plus the *extremely* comfortable stool.

Already free, and soon you can pay for it...

www.underminers.org
Goaty
Ewen the Navigator
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Son of a Nun

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2009, 12:50:39 PM »

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/RC-20XL/

As new, in box.  £~200 new, they go for around £150 on ebay, will accept £135 cash on collection in Leicester or £145 posted.

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution, I could be an inmate in a long-term institution ...
Dave R

Loc: Worthing, Sussex

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2009, 02:08:13 PM »

Hi All,

I have decided that i never use my 12 string guitar, Cry and offer it for sale. It is an EKO Jumbo, that i have had for about 35 years Shocked

I am trying to fund a new Mic for live work.

Edit: Hot linked images removed. Colin

It has a repair to the machine head, which was there when i got it...and is quite stable

It is showing a crack at the bridge,(between the White pegs), but this also seems to be stable,

And i discovered it has a small ding on the rear...

It also requires a good clean!

It is obviously not worth a fortune Roll Eyes, but does sound nice and full. Any offers  ?

I wouldn't like to post it, so any prospective buyer would have to collect, or arrange it to travel via mutual friends/folk network

Please PM me if you are interested

All the best,

Dave

I fell in a heap on the ground: i don't know who left it there.....
rachel

Loc: Sheffield

not a llama

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »

Hi

I'm wanting to sell full size double bass and bow with carry case. Perfect condition apart from a bit of dust (the dust is from it only ever being played a couple of times). Would need to be collected from sheffield.  Looking for offers of @£250. If anyone wants an electric violin would sell both together for £300

Rachel
Dave R

Loc: Worthing, Sussex

« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2009, 02:33:27 PM »

Hi,

12 string EKO now listed on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180428052659

Cheers

Dave

I fell in a heap on the ground: i don't know who left it there.....
paganskins
n3wb

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »

I have a Richwood Bazouki for sale, it's similar to the ozark, hudson, trinity college, ashbury type.
Far east made with solid spruce top, dark stained maple (not solid) back'n'sides and a stained maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, decent sealed tuners. Pics available on request.
It's in good condition without any scratches or dings.
I'm in Swansea, S.Wales and would be looking for £120ono including a decent tribal planet padded gig bag.
I can post at the buyers expense here's my ebay feedback http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=paganskins&ftab=AllFeedback
I can put the sale through ebay for the buyers protection if necessary.
Ian Mobley

Loc: Manchester, UK

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »

Hi

I'm planning to build one of these as a winter project : http://www.buildyourguitar.com/resources/lapsteel/

I need a few bits, and conscious that there are a few collectors and builders/customisers on here, I wondered if anyone has any of the following they would like to exchange for some good old fashioned cash?

A single coil pick up - tele or strat style would seem to do well.

A bridge - the plans suggest a Les Paul junior style, but as long as one can adjust the strings to a flat profile (for the 'steel'), I'm thinking it should be okay.

A set of tuners - LP style 6 x single would seem appropriate.

I've had a look on ebay, and there are plenty available, but I'm just looking for something cheap and cheerful for the prototype, before I build something in a more exotic wood, with better parts.

Have a scour around your workshop/shed and let me know.

Thanks

IM
Steve with the black dog
Your fox is male
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: The rainy Lake District

So little time, so much to do

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2009, 12:03:13 AM »

Hi

I'm planning to build one of these as a winter project : http://www.buildyourguitar.com/resources/lapsteel/

I need a few bits, and conscious that there are a few collectors and builders/customisers on here, I wondered if anyone has any of the following they would like to exchange for some good old fashioned cash?

A single coil pick up - tele or strat style would seem to do well.

A bridge - the plans suggest a Les Paul junior style, but as long as one can adjust the strings to a flat profile (for the 'steel'), I'm thinking it should be okay.

A set of tuners - LP style 6 x single would seem appropriate.

I've had a look on ebay, and there are plenty available, but I'm just looking for something cheap and cheerful for the prototype, before I build something in a more exotic wood, with better parts.

Have a scour around your workshop/shed and let me know.

Thanks

IM

Hi Ian

I can let you have a couple of strat single coils.  They are a neck and middle pickup from a 70's Japanese Strat copy.  They are not bad.  YOU  might as well have both of them as you will have a spare if you bugger one up.  I think I have the pots with them, which you can have as well.  If you PM me your address and are prepared to cover postage* you can have them for nothing Cheesy  

SWMBO will be very pleased for me to reduce my collection of supposedly useless bits and bobs.

* Or buy me a pint at Cropredy next year.

Steve

A simple life, voluntarily chosen, can be a source of strength.
paganskins
n3wb

« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »

I have a Richwood Bazouki for sale, it's similar to the ozark, hudson, trinity college, ashbury type.
Far east made with solid spruce top, dark stained maple (not solid) back'n'sides and a stained maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, decent sealed tuners. Pics available on request.
It's in good condition without any scratches or dings.
I'm in Swansea, S.Wales and would be looking for £120ono including a decent tribal planet padded gig bag.
I can post at the buyers expense here's my ebay feedback http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=paganskins&ftab=AllFeedback
I can put the sale through ebay for the buyers protection if necessary.

Sorry it's actually Countryman, now on eBay along with some other bits and pieces http://shop.ebay.co.uk/paganskins/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340
ollythedolly
Grownup
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Oxfordshire

One more time with feeling

« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »

Encore Electro Acoustic.
Good first guitar/acoustic with pickup if someone wants to be louder! It has a piezo under the saddle with a 2 slider EQ (volume & tone).
The saddle isn't the original - It didn't have one when I bought it a few years back and fitted this one, it could be a better fit, but it works! I have mainly kept this in alternative tunings, to save time when playing different things!
There are a few scratches/bumps, but nothing that is serious or affects the sound/playability of this guitar.
It currently has a set of Martin SP mediums on it, but they could do with a change.
Prefer if it was picked up...offers around £50?
more pictures here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v617/ollythedolly/encore/
Any questions please ask
Olly.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 03:13:27 PM by ollythedolly » Logged
That Girl
Any tips for the "squeezing" of this beast?

Loc: DERBY

That Girl That Plays Guitar

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »

Hello All,

I am looking for a mandolin (right handed) or a violin (full size) within a student budget. It's my final year at Uni and I have some tricks up my sleeve but finding it hard to get hold of the instruments relatively cheap. If anyone knows where would be a good place to look or indeed has one they want to get rid of please let me know.

I am also looking for an acoustic 4 string bass (right handed) for around £50-70, doesn't matter if it's not a very good one, it's for a friend who is learning and just wants to mess about on it and see if it's for her - must be acoustic though please Smiley

Thanks very much,

TG x

"I've waited all year for this beer and now it's raining it in...rubbish"
MikeB (Mike)
never singing Cousin Jack again
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh again

The world is not my home, I'm just passing through

« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »

You can sometimes get semi-decent mandolins in Cash Converter (or similar) for a reasonable price.
vikki rose
Sleeves rolled up

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »

I was going to suggest the guntree (or some such local institution) for a violin. If you buy secod hand you can usually find something a bit better than the plasticy things you can buy cheaply from music shops & there is usually no shortage of people selling them. Good luck  Smiley

Vikki xx

Friends of the Oxford Folk festival. F OFF in the nicest possible way......
www.oxfordfolkfestival.com
www.oxfolk.org.uk
asaunders
ANONYMOUS MEMBER
n3wb

« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »

Hi - new on here

I've found this nice electro acoustic on ebay. Just looking for a bit of advice really.

What do you all think? Worth a bid? It is rather nice....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140377401294&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

thanks

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: