TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:02:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gerry Conway bangs away, on CD, at my father-in-law's funeral  (Read 3944 times)
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« on: January 17, 2007, 10:02:27 AM »

It's not directly Fairport of course, but it's got FC content.

My father-in-law passed away this morning at age 78; it was expected, everyone's at peace with it - after a series of hospitalizations where everyone kept saying farewell, as it turned out every time premature, he just sneaked out at the nursing home this morning. It's okay.

But he loved the Fairport performance at our wedding in Grolloo, November 2003. We have the audio of that and he really loved Gerry doing Let There Be Drums, where he bangs away very very loudly. It was something he could annoy the neighbours with when he was in a naughty mood.

Guess what. He wanted it played at his funeral. It's not the most obvious, appropriate music for a funeral, but if that's what he wanted, that's what he'll get. A loud Gerry Conway drum solo for a 78-year old's funeral, which I believe will be followed by a more conventional (and slightly boring) Andrea Bocelli.

Simon or Peggy, if you read this, please do tell GC? This must be a first for him.
Can't wait to see a few family reactions to this one at the actual funeral.
It must be that naughty mood again, Pa Cuperus ...!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: