TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:06:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret new device gives aid to ageing artistes  (Read 3365 times)
Edthefolkie
The relish on the baguette

Loc: East Midlands, UK

Sir John gives me guidance

« on: December 15, 2006, 11:04:35 PM »

We field tested this device at Croppers in 2001. It has been designed with the aid of NASA to avoid those dodgy moments on stage during 4 hour sets. A technician seconded from Rolls Royce can be seen on the left, and a qualified pharmacist is holding the device itself. A member of the popular group "The Pink Floyd" can be seen observing from the rear (should be useful during those long jams Dave) and another technician directs the device towards the affected band member.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "p*ss artist" eh? Merry Christmas - Ed  

Erratum  -for "long jams" read "log jams"

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 11:26:30 PM by Edthefolkie » Logged

Sorry dear, Rabelais' off
tarda (Gill)
Our own Harvey Goldsmith
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: West Sussex

Otis tarda - a slow bird but a great bustard

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 10:31:55 AM »

Oh dear ... I'v been keeping mine in the sitting room. Maybe a move to the bedroom is appropriate!

And there's me been banging away on it  Roll Eyes

"And dreams let you down; they just let you down,
But they never leave you..."
Edthefolkie
The relish on the baguette

Loc: East Midlands, UK

Sir John gives me guidance

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 01:22:52 PM »

Oh dear ... I'v been keeping mine in the sitting room. Maybe a move to the bedroom is appropriate!

Nah, UNDER the bed....Blimey though, somebody else bought one!! Must tell friend Briony who bought the offending article (not in shot, she was cracking up). A certain amount of drink had been taken as you can see but we did not in fact use it for the purpose I suggested.

Actually I've just noticed Johnny Depp is over on the right of the shot, no doubt picking up tips for his spot on the sea shanties album.

Sorry dear, Rabelais' off
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 08:39:27 PM »

Nah, UNDER the bed....Blimey though, somebody else bought one!! Must tell friend Briony who bought the offending article (not in shot, she was cracking up). A certain amount of drink had been taken as you can see but we did not in fact use it for the purpose I suggested.

Actually I've just noticed Johnny Depp is over on the right of the shot, no doubt picking up tips for his spot on the sea shanties album.

Not the only one who bought one under the influence of drink! But it was going cheap (about £7) on the Saturday evening. Ours is now a coffee table.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: