TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:50:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2007  (Read 117595 times)
mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #240 on: December 22, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

I doubt very much if any of us will be able to stop developers from moving into Cropredy, but 20,000 signatures might delay things a bit.

Now there's a thought Bridgwit. If this issue is still around next August and not pushed though before I wonder what the feasibility of having a petition at the wristband tent is?

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
kevin

« Reply #241 on: December 22, 2006, 01:57:13 PM »

Andy Leslie,
              Sorry for the capitals, had capslock on and didn't notice.
Hope your ears are OK , any help would be appreciated, we all go ice skating on that field when it freezes.
It holds about a foot of water, shows the level of intelligence of some of these plonkers?
The more they build upon land like this the worse the flooding will be lower down towards Oxford.
The land is naturally holding back the water.
I think if the press realised that Prescott manor overlooked this field , they could have a birthday with it.
Many people died here at the battle, fighting for what they believed in, on both sides, Why dont we stand up to these idiots now?
Isnt this our England, wobbly carrots and all.
I thought folk music was all about protest songs and about battles etc, it was in the sixties.
Kevin
Keith
Mostly Harmless
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Land of the Reivers, Scotland

Trying to save himself.

« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2006, 02:17:21 PM »

I live for protest - and some of the old grizzlies at Cropredy have been in the thick of them for years. Keep us up to date (as I'm sure will Chris) - if this can be stopped on the floodplain principle then that's a lot of unsuitable development also stopped around the country, and maybe a few more people realising the impact of climate change in the future (think baked earth and thunderstorms).

K.

Already free, and soon you can pay for it...

www.underminers.org
Waterloo Wonderer
Mersey Musafir
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Formby

« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2006, 03:08:12 PM »

[/quote]

the police dont need to over react anymore, they have nothing to fear, as the laws implemented as a ditect result of the beanfields will ensure that it never happens again.
what kind of confrontation were you anticipating anyway?  the sleepy village of cropredy to erupt into a suddenly seething mass of lefty petrol bombers maybe?  or the entire attendance of cropredy festival 2007 to refuse to leave site, thus losing their jobs in the process, not to mention running out of toilet paper.
no i didnt think so.  i could go on but suffice to say the two scenarios are, at best, worlds apart and at worst, laughable and insulting to try to compare them with each other.

[/quote]

I wasn't comparing them just using it as a metaphor as it "meeting your Waterloo" Grin or whatever.

It is however as much a sign of the times as what you wrote about how the law has been manipulated.

The march of the developer is everywhere as the market dictates really.

HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha.

Stewie Griffin.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: