TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
February 27, 2021, 06:45:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgotten Gems  (Read 2127 times)
Neil
About to blow
Local Moderator

Loc: Oregon

« on: August 30, 2006, 03:42:24 AM »

The weekend started with disaster as the dsl modem melted and there I was bereft of the timewasting strategy for a quiet Saturday evening.

I perused the CD's with the thought of what don't I normally play and the gems I discovered that I'd forgotten about.

1. Bob Calvert's Lucky Lief and the Longships wonderfully weird especially Moonshine on the Mountains   and The Lay of theSurfers
2. Peter Hamill's Over
3. Dick Gaughan's Redwood Cathedral, great version of Pancho and Lefty
4. Plainsong's Dark Side of the Room, Iain Mathews probably has the best male voice out there
5. Stephen Stills Stills Alone
5. Bob Dylan Oh Mercy probably one of his most consistent albums since the 70's ended
6. John Martyn at the Brewery Arts Center Kendal 1988 all the better because I was there.
7. Keith Jarrett the Koln concert

Before I knew it Saturday had been wasted as easily as usual but somehow I felt better for sitting there listening instead of listening and typing at the same time, I was also very drunk but that's another story.

So the question is what are your forgotten gems that lay in the dusty recesses of your CD/Record collection neglected and don't you owe it to them to give them a spin.

Things change all the time, and they'll probably never be the same again. It's just the natural evolution of the human condition. Guy Clark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: