TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:30:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Woodworm archives?  (Read 5994 times)
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« on: May 24, 2006, 12:42:21 PM »

Afternoon all

Any idea what will be the next release in the Woodworm archives series?

I'm really hoping that something from the Bonny Bunch of Roses tour will be released.... Grin

Cheers

Adam
Alex Lyons

Loc: Blackhill, Consett, Co Durham

"For a fat lass ya divvent sweat much"

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:52:59 PM »

Not sure Adam, haven't heard from Barry & Malcolm in a while and I think last time I did they were still wondering what to do next.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for something from the Bonny Bunch tour. There is quite a nice recording from it though - with stuff like 'Limey's Lament', 'Country Pie' as well as the usual stuff - I've just been tidying it up a bit this morning funnily enough. I think it was recorded with a view to a release but unfortunately the 'Farewell Farewell' album became the more obvious choice when they knew the band were splitting up.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
fstix (Michael)

Loc: Adelaide, Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 03:26:59 PM »

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for something from the Bonny Bunch tour. There is quite a nice recording from it though - with stuff like 'Limey's Lament', 'Country Pie' as well as the usual stuff - I've just been tidying it up a bit this morning funnily enough.

Is that the one from the 1977 Australian tour?  The title track BBOR appeared on one of the Free Reed box sets (forget if it was FC's or Swarb's atm!).  The sound quality would be perfectly acceptable for official release, especially if cleaned up.

MH

More like I am today than I ever have been before.
Mindwarper
Embrace your inner geeky prog freak
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: S.F. Ca. USA

Friendly Drunkard

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 11:35:30 PM »

I would like to see a angel delight tour if it includes Lord Marlborough.

But my top list would be a 1969 Sandy Denny show. Some of the bbc stuff is just amazing. But a complete show is what I am looking for.

Stop the violens, Visualise whirled peas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: