TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 18, 2021, 11:39:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show of Hands - On Tour and with a new Album 'Witness'  (Read 46615 times)
rachel

Loc: Sheffield

not a llama

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2006, 04:04:22 PM »

Yippee!!!  Grin

It's Show of Hands tonight at the Bury Met, and if all the comments here are anything to go by then we're in for a treat.  I've had an entire SoH'less week, a rarity for me, so I'm raring to go this evening on the sing-a-long songs - I must apologise in advance to the band and the rest of the audience, particularly any Talkawhilers who are going.  Embarrassed Wink

Cheers
Dunc

If last night was anything to go by you are in for a real treat. They played the Boardwalk in Sheffield and it was an excellent night. The new songs (special mention for the outstanding 'Roots') went down great with an appreciatitive audience who were very enthusiastic and more than willing to join in the chorus's old and new (most unusual for sheffield). The only problem is that now they have so many great songs that there's not time for them to play all the ones you want to hear. Up on stage they seemed to be enjoying themselves with lots of jokes and laughter and were friendly and chatty afterwards. Without doubt the best gig that i've been to this year. We all came out on a real high.

rachel
david stevenson
Umm, anyone remember what this topic's about?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Kimbolton, Cambs

HB aka Haggis Botherer. Never touched it, honest

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2006, 05:50:26 PM »

If last night was anything to go by you are in for a real treat. They played the Boardwalk in Sheffield and it was an excellent night. The new songs (special mention for the outstanding 'Roots') went down great with an appreciatitive audience who were very enthusiastic and more than willing to join in the chorus's old and new (most unusual for sheffield). The only problem is that now they have so many great songs that there's not time for them to play all the ones you want to hear. Up on stage they seemed to be enjoying themselves with lots of jokes and laughter and were friendly and chatty afterwards. Without doubt the best gig that i've been to this year. We all came out on a real high.

rachel

Maybe this is the year that they will finally get the recognition that's long overdue.  One of the consistently finest live acts in any genre, and the albums aren't half bad either.

Edit: Quote fixed
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 05:54:44 PM by Paul » Logged

I built the ships that sailed this river
I cut the stones that built this town
I rolled the steel at Dixons Blazes
I cried inside as they tore it all down

- STILL MY CITY
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2006, 09:25:13 PM »

Hmmm - I think tickets for the Roiyal Albert Hall show on Easter Sunday 2007 may go slightly (understatement!) quicker this time around.

If you're interested in picking one up, keep your ears open next week....

Penguin (Dunc)
O RLY?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Royton, Lancashire

The Wrong Side of Weird!

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2006, 01:04:35 PM »

Well, the excellent reports this tour has been getting are not exaggerated - SoH were is fine fettle at Bury last night.  Grin

They played an excellent mix of old & new songs and were at their jovial best throughout the entire evening.  The sing-a-long sections were sung with great gusto, as is always the case at the Met, and our very own Sir Robert Peel even got a mention (though thankfully the black pudding in his breeches didn't.  Wink)

Maybe this is the year that they will finally get the recognition that's long overdue.  One of the consistently finest live acts in any genre, and the albums aren't half bad either.

I could not agree more.

Cheers
Dunc

It Doesn't Stop Being Magic Just Because You Know How It's Done!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: