TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:02:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: World Tour Of Essex  (Read 21580 times)
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2004, 05:43:40 PM »

I've just read a review in the local paper about this here gig at thge headgate last week, the girls reporter said
that Pavlovs cat were brilliant playiny poppy accoustic songs , Mose's were good but unprofessional and DH was technicaly perfect but boring. Well I'm a bit P***ed off, I did not see pavlovs cat (James dragged me kicking and screaming to the bar)
Moses were great, maybe a bit chaotic but they held it together through one or two major disasters.
David was terrific, ok so I did not particulary like one or two of his songs, but they do make you think. he had my attention the whole time he was on stage and worked the audience beutifully, His playing as the reporter said was excelent and having not seen him before I went away with fond memories of a great evening and would definitly go to see him again. I find it a shame, it appears that this reporter likes to classify her music and David does not fit into any area she could reconise so she lost interest.
SO IF YOU READ THE ESSEX COUNTY STANDARD DAVID, I THOUGH YOU WAS GREAT!!!!

Keith
Mostly Harmless
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Land of the Reivers, Scotland

Trying to save himself.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004, 09:47:51 PM »

Mose's were good but unprofessional and DH was technicaly perfect but boring.

Well, after Moses' impromptu chaos (fun chaos), I suppose anything less chaotic would be boring.

I can see her point, but only on one level, though. David is a tremendous guitarist, and a really nice bloke. Unless you can see through the technical perfection and see right into the songs, then the performance may seem similar all the way through (virtually the whole audience did see the depth in the songs, I must add).

Only by actually meeting him, though, can you really see the great love he puts into the performance - who, when meeting him in the pub, could imagine what runs through that head and his fingers - surely he's just a guy who likes a pint, a roll up and a chat  Cool

Already free, and soon you can pay for it...

www.underminers.org
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2004, 11:55:39 PM »

is it jude in the background? and  dont bill and james have very english teeth?mrs skirks are ok though

The Dude abides
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2004, 04:59:35 PM »

Jim, My teeth are the result of meetings with a swimming pool cubical when I was 12 and a hammer while up a ladder a few years back.
I don't know what happened to James's they always look alright to me, its probably just a terrible picture.
Keith
Mostly Harmless
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Land of the Reivers, Scotland

Trying to save himself.

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2004, 05:34:09 PM »

Jim, My teeth are the result of meetings with a swimming pool cubical when I was 12 and a hammer while up a ladder a few years back.
I don't know what happened to James's they always look alright to me, its probably just a terrible picture.

I make no excuses for your poses. Helen looks lovely, so I couldn't have been that bad  Huh

Already free, and soon you can pay for it...

www.underminers.org
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: