TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:22:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albion Band Christmas Show  (Read 13008 times)
JonHirst

Loc: Yorkshire

« on: December 15, 2005, 11:21:01 PM »

Saw the Albion Band Christmas show at Bury Met last night - fantastic stuff!  Lots of opportunity to sing along, great interaction with the audience, top quality playing and singing, and even a dance from the energetic S Care Esq.  Also nice to hear / see Mr Nicol playing his Armstrong all night.  All in all a great night out, well done Ashley, Kellie, Simon & Simon
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Jon

Vodka, tractors and rock 'n' roll......
miff
n3wb

Loc: brighton

its cold out here

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 07:43:36 AM »

Cool nice one Jon !! I look forward to the show in Brighton on tues    Saw them last year and have to say the 2 simons were great but the Guvnor was a bit grumpy due to a sound problem with his base guitar!!!  I look forward to mr Care morris dancing on stage in the comedy club /cabaret dining venue!! surreal or wot?

miff

vdubcampers go on forever
JonHirst

Loc: Yorkshire

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 12:22:40 PM »

You are in for a treat Miff - as I suspect you already know!  Ashley was on fine form (although when they first started he had to fiddle with the lead to bass to get it to work) and Kellie sang beautifully.  The whole thing was very relaxed and enjoyable.  It was also slightly surreal at the Met, as the place is set up for the pantomime, so the band were sat in front of the scenery - an unusual backdrop, but not one that detracted from the music.

Regards

Jon

Vodka, tractors and rock 'n' roll......
miff
n3wb

its cold out here

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 12:30:41 PM »

Grin hi jon  thanks for the update   i think that time for sound checks are often limited on these tours  especially if panto scenery gets in the way!!
i look forward to the show as an antedote to the crass commercial xmas that surrounds us on a daily basis   try going shopping and not here noddy holder screaming his lungs out!1

merry xmas and a folkful new year

miff

issy
with the fairies
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Exiled Nr Bracknell

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 02:46:33 PM »

i look forward to the show as an antedote to the crass commercial xmas that surrounds us on a daily basis   
miff

..and a total antidote it will be, I assure you.  The band were in fine fettle last night at Maidenhead - just outstanding all round.  Superlatives are not enough, you just had to be there  Fez    ..and some useful new words to add to the vocabulary too.

Issy

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
Simon Care
A good head for squeezeboxes

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 04:12:35 PM »

Shocked Hi, glad you enjoyed it. having a well earned day off today then its off to The Lawrence Sheriff School , Rugby tomorrow night. Phone Richard Barnes on 01788567338 for tickets

Cheers
Simon Care
Angela
all that hair bobbing about
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lost in Kent

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 02:33:30 PM »

Really looking forward to Brighton on Tuesday, may see you there Miff. Anyone else going? Tiara
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 05:33:27 PM »

I saw them last Monday - it's been a busy week   Roll Eyes - at the Stables. There was a disappointingly small audience for an entertaining show. Smiley I've learned a lot of new words....and heard a few new tunes/songs as well. Kellie was in good voice and Mr Hutchings' voice superb especially for the spoken pieces. His microphone stand was fearsomely tinselled Shocked. Simon Nicol brought an almost tropical ray of sunshine to the stage with his cocktail printed shirt and the comparatively sober-shirted Mr Care played and danced. A thoroughly good evening.

............and Father Christmas IS magic Grin

delfini

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
miff
n3wb

its cold out here

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 09:52:08 PM »

Smiley  hi Angela  i hope to see you there  im bringing my back from uni son (who is spreading the word about folk/rock) and the wifey

I look like catwheasle (if that means anything to you!) but its a bit dark in  there    other than at  the bar !!

Its a good idea to book a table if you havent already done so 

the show was at the Hailsham Pavilion last year and was an absolute treat  i almost looked forward to Christmas!!

tickets seem to be going well  at least 160 were sold last week

as a newbie i dont know many members yet although i recognised a few at croppers 04 and swarbs benefit concert in Brum

Im definately going to croppers 06 its looking much better(slightly off topic )  than 05  INMHO  sorry!

regards  Miff

Angela
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 10:33:13 PM »

Will look out for you Miff. I shall have boyfriend and two children, Dennis and Jack in tow. Most people recognise us by the Children!! Roll Eyes Dennis (the eldest) will most probably be wearing a Fairport T shirt, they don't know we're going yet as its a Christmas surprise.  I shall tell them we are going for a trip to the seaside! Shocked Our tickets are 132-135, i thought that was the seat number, don't know about tables.
Angela
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 11:42:11 PM »

Bit late, I know, but been a little busy this week!!
 Roll Eyes
Took us 2 and a half hours drive to get there, half hour negotiating Brighton’s one way system, then the doorman wouldn’t let us in until he’d checked with the management,. Said jack was too young!!! Albion Christmas….hardly X rated stuff!!  Shocked But it was definitely worth all the effort.  An absolutely fantastic show, great audience interaction and as Issy said, superlatives are not enough.
Simon N’s politically correct 12 days of Christmas was hilarious, and I loved Simon C’s discourse on Father Christmas, though I was worried that it may disenchant Jack a little.  But no problem,… I heard him a few days later discussing with his big brother how father Christmas would get into our house when we have no chimney,…it’s OK, he said, it’s magic ‘cos Simon Care said so!!!  And Dennis was over the moon that Simon N remembered his name…best Christmas present he could have, he still hasn’t stopped talking about it!! Cheesy

Please, please, please try and come to Kent next year. Kiss

Angela
miff
n3wb

its cold out here

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 07:08:05 PM »

Smiley glad you all made it to Brighton and got  in!!  although an odd venue   it has great folk roots and blues evenings as well as the comedy club stuff!  ive seen eliza carthy band(twice) patrick street sharon shannon finbar fury and many more this year alone

im sure the band played canterbury last year  suggest you check out his website and send him your suggestion for next year im sure he still lives on the kent sussex border (etchingham steam band) showing my age!

i must say i thought they were all on top form and i must single out kellie while as a great foil to all the men  ashley was v happy and thanked the sound guy who always does a great job there at the end

sorry we missed you but we were at  the front  at the table where ashley tried to strangle my son in his enactment of a failed actor forgetting his lines!!

its good to know santa is still as magical as ever

graham(miff)

Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006, 10:07:56 PM »

im sure the band played canterbury last year  suggest you check out his website and send him your suggestion for next year im sure he still lives on the kent sussex border (etchingham steam band) showing my age!

Simon & Simon live in the Midlands - Kellie & Ashley oop North....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: