TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:03:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Tour 2006 Dates  (Read 85848 times)
folkicons

Solderer of Fortune

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 08:16:03 AM »

Sat. 11th Feb - Cambridge Corn Exchange & Fri. 24th Feb - Fairfield Halls, Croydon. Ashley Hutchings's Rainbow Chasers are additional support on these dates.

Chris says: Added to the list above
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 09:02:53 AM by Chris » Logged

"The bride wore Black & Decker"
cathy

Loc: TRIBAL ESSEX

"Turbaned fool!"

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 04:23:26 PM »

CAMBRIDGE!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"I get the red mist and I'm off...it's very nasty!"
Mag T

Loc: Kent

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2005, 04:06:38 PM »

Have just booked for Fairfield Halls Croydon and been told that the date is Thursday 23rd Feb.Huh (not Fri 24th as stated here) Presumably they are correct?? We shall see when the tickets arrive. Smiley
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2005, 06:09:33 PM »

Wonder if Ashley knows this?.... Shocked

Thanks, Mag T - I've updated the list above.

gardbob
n3wb

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2005, 08:24:19 PM »

I know it's hardly winter, but I already have tickets for FC playing at Nettlebed, Oxon on 15th May 06
Mag T

Loc: Kent

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 06:10:52 PM »

Wonder if Ashley knows this?.... Shocked

Hope he does know, having never seen a live performance, was looking forward to it  Smiley
cathy

Loc: TRIBAL ESSEX

"Turbaned fool!"

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2005, 05:23:29 PM »

Cambridge tickets on sale as of today,  Grin ;Dseated this time

"I get the red mist and I'm off...it's very nasty!"
issy
with the fairies
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Exiled Nr Bracknell

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 10:29:43 PM »

Bought my tickets for FC at the Anvil, basingstoke, 3rd Feb last week  (and some for RT appearing there a week earlier).

Why isn't this on the FC website yet?   There seem to be a lot of confirmed gigs out there!

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2005, 10:42:32 PM »

Because they want to encourage folks out to see the acoustic tour - and if they publish the Wintour dates officially, people won't bother, and will just wait for the Wintour.

YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 09:26:56 AM »

I don't know why the web site isn't showing more enthusiasm for promoting all of the gigs. The plans that I've heard for the two tours, are very differnet.

I assume that the Wintour will be the same as ever, however the 'Acoustic' tour sounds interresting. Gerry said that he was playing at every gig and they will be doing a lot of different material. (He was having to learn it.) Obviously things might have changed again, but it makes me want to catch the Autumn tour.

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 09:29:30 AM »

I've seen bands like the Levellers play acoustic with a drummer - in their case they stripped the kit down to a single snare-drum played standing up.

Reckon Gerry might do something like that?

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 09:30:36 AM »

I wish they would post the wintour dates in full.. I like to know where I'm seeing them next and will always go to every one I can get to anyway..  I rang our usual Chesterfield venue for a date last week and they had no idea.. so they said..  getting worried now Shocked

I seem to remember that the wintour dates were always printed in the Cropredy programme.. I miss that.

AmyJen

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don´t mention the war

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2005, 12:30:47 PM »

I seem to remember that the wintour dates were always printed in the Cropredy programme.. I miss that.

AmyJen

Same over here. Every year we have some days off in February and I usually see 1 - 3 gigs of the wintour. I would like to book a flight NOW, because at the moment I just would pay 1,99 € per flight.
issy
with the fairies
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Exiled Nr Bracknell

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2005, 12:42:01 PM »

Because they want to encourage folks out to see the acoustic tour - and if they publish the Wintour dates officially, people won't bother, and will just wait for the Wintour.

There aren't any dates near me on the accoustic tour so the first chance I get is actually the wintour.  And actually I think you're making an assumption about what people would do if they had both options.   Its counter-productive anyway as the dates are being promoted by the venues so people just wonder why the website isn't up to date, which doesn't look great.

Issy

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2005, 03:13:33 PM »

Just to clarify that it isn't my assumption, but my reading of why the band have decided not to put the dates on the website.

It ought to be mentioned that other artists also hold back dates for both this reason and/or until the whole tour is confirmed - this may also be Fairport's reason, of course.
Show of Hands fans regularly complain that dates are already sold out in advance of the dates appearing on their ebsite, for example.

MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2005, 05:30:29 PM »

There aren't any dates near me on the accoustic tour so the first chance I get is actually the wintour.  And actually I think you're making an assumption about what people would do if they had both options.   Its counter-productive anyway as the dates are being promoted by the venues so people just wonder why the website isn't up to date, which doesn't look great.

Issy

22 Nov  Newbury; Corn Exchange  is about the nearest for me.  I also have tickets for the Anvil, but will think about going to Newbury,  as that would be the first time I would be seeing the Accoustic tour, and would increase the number of times I have seen Fairport by 25%.

Mark

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
anne

Loc: hadrians wall cumbria

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »

Bought my tickets for FC at the Anvil, basingstoke, 3rd Feb last week  (and some for RT appearing there a week earlier).

Why isn't this on the FC website yet?   There seem to be a lot of confirmed gigs out there!

I got all excited when I saw the RT bit, been on his website and now have just bought tickets for Perth (Scotland) in Jan 2006, looking forward to a long weekend away now - its getting expensive going to all these gigs!!!! Anne
DiamondDave
n3wb

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2005, 10:55:35 PM »

The Stables, Wavendon, Milton Keynes - Wednesday 8th February  8:00PM  - Public Booking Opens Monday 3 October - £19.50, £21.50

www.stables.org
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2005, 11:03:15 PM »

I've added this date to the list on page 2....I reckon this'll be the dearest ticket on the tour...

martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2005, 10:32:20 AM »

Issy, I got my ticket today for RT at the Anvil (front row seat 21) see you there !!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: