TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:58:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FC at Moseley Folk Festival  (Read 29432 times)
Alezed (Aleks)
someone's suspiciously absent princess

Loc: Dudley, West Midlands

Is it cuz I is black.... country loike?

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 09:10:32 PM »

I'm so excited.... woooo hoooo!

Googler Extrodinare (CSI Cropredy Branch)
Me?? Little mee mee.... never?!
Addie
Fizzy beef juice?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Walsall

Unspoilt By Progress

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 04:27:08 PM »

Looks loike the rain is going to hold off as well. Might be a bit chilly for any of you coming up from South of Watford though  Grin

Sidling out of stores gingerly and embracing margins since 2008
Karlhippy
You will love it, but it's big

Loc: Birmingham

Brummy hippy

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 10:31:50 AM »

I hope one and all have a great weekend. As a south Brummy resident, I know that Moseley is the place to be. There are great curry houses and pubs all around the area. For real ale buffs, I recommend the Prince Of Wales, followed by the Fighting Cocks for pre&post gig beers. [url][http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moseley/url]. There is a vibrant boho scene, with plenty of music venues. Maybe next year for me.

Where the sun sets, and the melody is fine, I shall be dancing merry with the 'Lord of the Dance'. I will be happy, and let the soul of the earth flow through me.
annieguy

Loc: London

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2007, 10:56:52 AM »

It looks like the sets could be even shorter than advertised - there is no time allowed for change overs in Chris's list.

Yes, there is - at least 20 minutes between sets. You have noticed that there are two stages?

Sounds like the same set-up as last year - the two stages are next to each other, so the music is continuous, they change-over on the big stage while the next act is playing on the smaller stage.

The park is so small, you can hear from most places (and certainly from the bar), so you don't really miss out on anything :-)

Old enough to repay but young enough to sell
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2007, 11:09:38 AM »

Oh how they rocked!!!

We were right down at the front (makes a welcome change for me!) and they were just FAB!!!  The set was a short one due to timings, but we knew that anyway.. they certainly made the most of it.

And Swarb played with them on Hexhamshire Lass (CL vocals) and Walkawhile..  There was a huge cheer when Swarb came out to play! A very memorable set indeed.. hope the photos are ok.. haven't had time to look yet.

Swarb's Lazarus also played a great set.. a song from both Kev and Maart and wonderful playing from each..  Maart had to dash off afterwards to be on telly this morning.

Martha Tilston's set was too short, but good to hear her again.

Great to meet up with TAW friends and to meet Anne T with the programme avatar.

A lovely village fete type festival with Morris dancing and balloons and knittting and cakes and wine and ice cream as well as the usual stalls.  Right on the main high street  (not easy to find at first) and with Sainsburys opposite and O'Neill's next door for the loo!!

Good to have the chance to talk to a few Fairports and thank them personally for the best Cropredy ever too!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Anne T
I'm obviously missing the point here

Loc: Berkshire

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2007, 06:51:07 PM »

Wholeheartedly agree with Amethyst - the set was short, but a great, noisy and obviously popular  end to the evening.

The backdrop was very fetching (a tree decorated with fairy lights just behind the drums; I think Gerry should demand one of these at every venue!) No doubt there will be some pictures eventually, as I spotted a gentleman (resembling Chris's avatar) snapping away.

It was great to be able to be so near the stage as well; my daughter and I had a  view of things we don't normally notice, like how fast Chris's fingers fly on the mandolin and Peggy playing harmonics - never even thought that people did that on the bass (which probably just shows my ignorance).

Another great sight was a group of teenagers who were pogoing most enthusiastically to Matty Groves.
GraemeH

Loc: Nottingham

Dark Side of the Penguin

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2007, 04:29:44 PM »

Have posted a review with pics in the other thread.

This means nothing to me,
The way we were is the way I want to be.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: