TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:52:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else seen the Albion Christmas Band and can answer a question for me?  (Read 7125 times)
Anne T
I'm obviously missing the point here

Loc: Berkshire

« on: December 16, 2006, 05:35:18 PM »

Hope this isn't a liberty posting this here on this board, but two of the band are rather important to FC!

Saw this group last night in Maidenhead yesterday evening - a wonderful evening; great music and very funny, an antidote to all the tacky Christmas things around.

My question, however, concerns the music played in the auditorium during the interval. Whilst we were filing back into our seats, what I can only describe as a "disco" version of "Tam Lin" was being played! I'm very curious to know who was singing it (certainly not FC). Any ideas? I could have asked Ashley Hutchings afterwards, as he was sitting in the foyer selling CDs, but I was too shy!
Simon Care
A good head for squeezeboxes

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 05:56:41 PM »

Hi,
Glad you enjoyed the show last night at maidenhead.
The track was indeed Tam Lin and it was from my bands album. Tickled Pink by Tickled Pink.
Contact me for more details.
Simon Care
Sir Robert Peel
Our Man For All Seasons
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 06:18:58 PM »

Ah, that reminds me.  I have prepared a report of great scholarliness vis-a-vis the Aggies' and the Albies' recent recitals in the Northwest.  I will post it when
(1)  they have come to the end of their respective tours and
(2)  when I've figured out the most appropriate place to stick it.  (Steady, Peel!)

Anne T
I'm obviously missing the point here

Loc: Berkshire

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:27:01 PM »

Thank you for the amazingly quick answer!
mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 12:04:28 AM »

Ah, that reminds me.  I have prepared a report of great scholarliness vis-a-vis the Aggies' and the Albies' recent recitals in the Northwest.  I will post it when
(1)  they have come to the end of their respective tours and
(2)  when I've figured out the most appropriate place to stick it.  (Steady, Peel!)

We wait with baited breath Sir Bob for another of your outstandingly incisive reviews. As to where to stick it, Josh has a couple of suggestions  Grin

Annie T isn't it just great this board,  Cool

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 08:06:37 AM »

I WISH I could go and see the Albions.. but I can't.. even though they are just a few miles away..  on the same night as we have the Aggies  Shocked

What a shame  Sad

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 02:45:22 PM »

Lucky me had the good fortune to see both the Albion Xmas show and St Agnes Fountain this year, both shows though very different, are just superb.
The Albion show is as one would expect with the Guv'nor at the helm, is more folk oriented in style and presentation, where the Aggies have that special something that Chris & Julie always bring to the table a wide variation of musical idioms.
Both shows have the perfect mix of song and story telling, at both audiences are invited to heartily sing along to some of our best known carols. I thoroughly enjoyed both shows.  

Incidentally at the Aggies show I bumped in to Cocker Freeman, who unfortunately was a little worse for wear due to drinking what he suspected, was a bad bottle of coke with his daily glass of medicinal rum.
As you are no doubt aware Cocker is helping Simon Yorath on this tour as assistant roadie and guitar technician. In one of his more lucid moments Cocker whispered in my ear that there is talk of the possibility of a BIG one off gig next year, with the Albions and the Aggies on the same bill, so watch this space.......
Please don't bother asking Cocker where or when this might happen just yet, as he did stress the idea is still very much in an embryonic state, before rushing to catch the off licence before it closed.  Grin

PS.  I do hope Cocker doesn't get a b*llocking for telling me     Wink
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »

I WISH I could go and see the Albions.. but I can't.. even though they are just a few miles away..  on the same night as we have the Aggies  Shocked

What a shame  Sad

But Jen, you've ALREADY seen the Aggies!!  Cheesy Wink Grin

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 04:48:27 PM »

I know I have.. that wasn't my point..

I can't see the Albions cos they are the same night as WE have the Aggies..

Which is a shame Sad

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Steve
Max Headroom
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Sussex

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 07:01:30 PM »

there is talk of the possibility of a BIG one off gig next year, with the Albions and the Aggies on the same bill, so watch this space.......

A grudge match? Marvelous!
gower flower (Shirl)
Welsh Undresser
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Sweet synchronicity

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 01:55:22 PM »

(Cough, cough, splutter) That would NOT be in the true spirit of Christmas Shocked Could be interesting though Wink

That's not dirt, it's patination!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: