TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 16, 2024, 04:42:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Acoustic Band  (Read 3482 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« on: October 09, 2006, 07:32:43 PM »

Does it feel strange for there to be a Pegg-less version of the band out on the road, a 'Fairport' that you are not involved in?

David J-S

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
peggy
Deep (good) Egg

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:38:11 PM »

Hiya!. Yes it does feel strange. I am not involved in the current "acoustic" line up. Various reasons , but the main one is that  I behaved very badly over the past few years and  allowed my personal problems to come to work with me. This is not a good idea and luckily, and with lots of help, I am over the worst scenarios and enjoying life and making music again without all the previous pressures.
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:47:49 PM »

Can i just say that I as a member of this board, truly appreciate such a candid honest reply from you. I remember seeing a previous Fairport Acoustic gig in Whithaven a few years ago and cannot imagine seeing fairport minus yourself. The closest I will get to this experience now is seeing Swarbs Lazarus at Bury Met next week . Anyway, enjoy the rest and we all look forward to see you back on the next tour. Much joy to you.
Brendan

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:05:36 PM »

Hiya!. Yes it does feel strange. I am not involved in the current "acoustic" line up. Various reasons , but the main one is that  I behaved very badly over the past few years and  allowed my personal problems to come to work with me. This is not a good idea and luckily, and with lots of help, I am over the worst scenarios and enjoying life and making music again without all the previous pressures.

Thanks for the reply Dave - and I'm so glad to hear things are looking so much brighter now.  I dare say there's a fair few of us who've been in the same situation as you in bringing home problems to work with us....but most of us are lucky (or unlucky?) enough to work in a slightly less public arena than you!  Keep smiling (and keep playing!!)  Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
AdrianW
always good to have a target to miss
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Cheshire

"The weird bloke"

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:47:55 AM »

My, that was a brave and honest statement.

While I have at least liked all the Fairport line-up variations I've heard, I can truthfully say that I prefer those with you in them - and hope to hear more. I'm glad that life is improving for you.

-- Adrian
I cried for madder music and for stronger wine,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: