TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:44:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2012  (Read 280585 times)
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #500 on: February 05, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »

Don't get me wrong - I love Bob Marley and i'm happy to watch tribute bands. I just wasn't expecting a tribute band to play Cropredy

not been before then?

The Dude abides
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #501 on: February 05, 2012, 12:27:23 PM »

Stand corrected - I do of course refer to the later sanitised Marley..............Catch a Fire still brilliant after repeated listens.

Me dreadlocks will be dyed a wonderful green for August in any event.......................

Wot dreadlocks??? are they tribute dreadlocks??? Shocked Grin
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #502 on: February 05, 2012, 01:51:04 PM »

The Brase really needs to sort its facilities out (2 ladies loos is not enough) .

There have been portaloos up by the stage, on the right as you look at it, for the last couple of years if that helps.  Smiley

I've had a very nice and prompt response from the Brasenose and they will be getting in extra loos this year  Smiley

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
gower flower (Shirl)
Welsh Undresser
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Sweet synchronicity

« Reply #503 on: February 05, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »

The Brase really needs to sort its facilities out (2 ladies loos is not enough) .

There have been portaloos up by the stage, on the right as you look at it, for the last couple of years if that helps.  Smiley

I've had a very nice and prompt response from the Brasenose and they will be getting in extra loos this year  Smiley

I reckon this calls for a change in your (oh you know, the bit of text under your avatar!).  Roll Eyes  I can't remember what it's flipping well called. Custom Title!

That's not dirt, it's patination!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #504 on: February 05, 2012, 01:58:28 PM »

There have been portaloos up by the stage, on the right as you look at it, for the last couple of years if that helps.  

I reckon this calls for a change in your (oh you know, the bit of text under your avatar!).  Roll Eyes  I can't remember what it's flipping well called!
 Grin A wise friend once told me that once you're over fifty never walk past a loo without going, as you never know where the next one will be and by then it might be too late!  Embarrassed  It's saved my diginity many a time   Cool

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Ian W.
Not in my size, sweetcheeks

Loc: Leeds, West Yorks.

« Reply #505 on: February 05, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »

If they can get them.
 Isn't there gooing to be a loo drought this year because the Olympics will have them all ?

A lot of festivals are being cancelled this year because of the loo situation.
Clever Fairport are immune because they have a three year contract.

'Those who dance will start to dance,
And those who drink will sway...'
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #506 on: February 05, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »

Do you think she'll be able to hold such a large audience Colin. The last time I saw her was in a small club and it was excellent, but I've never felt her to be a big field performer, hence my reservations?

Last time I saw her was in a very big field. Blackbushe 1978. 200,000 there and she carried that pretty well!
gower flower (Shirl)
Welsh Undresser
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Sweet synchronicity

« Reply #507 on: February 05, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »

Hasn't that been shown to be a bit of an urban myth Ian W?

That's not dirt, it's patination!
Ian W.
Not in my size, sweetcheeks

Loc: Leeds, West Yorks.

« Reply #508 on: February 05, 2012, 05:45:32 PM »

Hasn't that been shown to be a bit of an urban myth Ian W?

Probably. We Brits love a bit of drama though, don't we ?  Cheesy

'Those who dance will start to dance,
And those who drink will sway...'
Nick the Stick
distracted by some wiggly string
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Eastbourne

Alright here?

« Reply #509 on: February 05, 2012, 06:08:01 PM »

Do you think she'll be able to hold such a large audience Colin. The last time I saw her was in a small club and it was excellent, but I've never felt her to be a big field performer, hence my reservations?

Last time I saw her was in a very big field. Blackbushe 1978. 200,000 there and she carried that pretty well!

I was at that. Up there with the very worst of my musical expieriences (not Joan, the whole thing).

Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #510 on: February 05, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »

Are you sure it was raining for Legend? I just remember sunshine...  Cool
So far VERY VERY happy, just still crossing my EII fingers, and Chris While doing the Sandy spot would make it perfick!
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #511 on: February 05, 2012, 06:53:35 PM »

Are you sure it was raining for Legend? I just remember sunshine...  Cool

It stopped raining and the sun nearly came out, but it went downhill soon after. I've just had a look at my photos (at http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=79797782@N00&q=legend on Flickr if anyone's interested) and there were an awful lot of people standing up and gently moving around. Probably the music, but it might have been a desperate attempt to get warm and dry.  Wink My daughters were rather pleased that Legend are appearing, despite the damp connotations. I'm hoping we'll be a full family outing this year.

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #512 on: February 05, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »

Legend were pretty good as I remember, gave it a good go in horrible conditions, and deserve another chance to maybe play in the sunshine.
The Marley back catalogue is one of the best around.  Afro

Was hoping for Steel Pulse though. Would buy a ticket for sure if they are on the bill.
KascadeDan
A teenager at last
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: New Romney, Kent

I can't read the lines, let alone in-between!

« Reply #513 on: February 05, 2012, 08:47:06 PM »

I remember Legend cheered me up greatly after the downpour of r**n we had that afternoon. Still, we won't be seeing any of that this year (the r-word I mean).

Imponderable Joy
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #514 on: February 05, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »

I just had a look at the Legend web site and see that they have a DVD available of their Cropredy performance - presumably taken from the video for the big screen.

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #515 on: February 06, 2012, 11:14:24 AM »

I was at that. Up there with the very worst of my musical expieriences (not Joan, the whole thing).

One of my very best!
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #516 on: February 06, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »

Hmm, well unless there's someone I really really want to see playing Thursday, it may well be just Fri & Sat this year for me.  Possibly even just Saturday...

Flobbadob!
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2012, 01:31:05 PM »

I went to see Joan Armatrading at Fairfield Halls during her most recent UK tour, the place was full to bursting, literally standing room only. Joan was magnificent. OK so I'm a fan of her music but it was one "hit" after another all evening. Now I'm really looking forward to her first Cropredy appearance.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #518 on: February 08, 2012, 10:24:30 AM »

Just a quick heads up in case anyone is looking. There is already very little accommodation remaining in Banbury for Cropredy weekend. My usual standby, the Whately Hall is already sold out. I may be camping this year but have just managed to provisionally book a room somewhere slightly less convenient just in case I need it but if you are not planning to rough it this year, I suggest you get your skates on.
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #519 on: February 08, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »

With RT appearing at the festival and the Americans coming this year, depending on numbers our US cousins can account for the majority of rooms at Whateley Hall.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: