TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:12:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader Horne reissue and 'Fragile'  (Read 15035 times)
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 12:20:28 PM »

Update on the Trader Horne Vinyl Re-issue

There have been quite a few delays on this, because of problems in the manufacturing process.
Because we want it to be as accurate a copy of the original album and singles as possible, Jon has turned it down twice.

Hopefully it is now ready and he is waiting for delivery into the UK and it will then be posted out immediately to those who have pre-ordered it..

Apologies for the wait, but there would have been no point in sending out anything that wasn't as good as we could possibly make it Cheesy and sadly delivery dates can't always be adhered to due to this kind of problem.

Fragile should have been sent out by now. I'm still waiting to see a finished copy so I hope they are ok.. Smiley

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 04:30:13 PM »

"Jon has turned it down twice" !!! He must be complimented on his attention to detail.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »

"Jon has turned it down twice" !!! He must be complimented on his attention to detail.

He has worked really hard on this project for over a year so it should be as good as possible Grin

Dave Brzeski
I'm seeing an alternate universe

Loc: Peterborough

IM me here before requesting ICQ/Yahoo/MSN

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 01:05:29 AM »

Not seen any sign of a download version of Fragile as yet.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 08:31:22 AM »

I will check....sorry for the delays on things, it has been a horrible year in a lot of ways.. Undecided

Nuthouse
He wasn't born to follow
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Northampton

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »

I will check....sorry for the delays on things, it has been a horrible year in a lot of ways.. Undecided

Didn't know whether to say 'Patience is a virtue' or 'Good things come to those who wait' .... so consider this a twofer  Wink

What isn't real is genuine illusion....
Dave Brzeski

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 09:48:17 AM »

On the plus side, while looking for Fragile, I discovered & bought the Kings Cross single you guested on. Rather a good band that. I may very well be buying their CD album too.  Wink
Dave Brzeski

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 10:05:35 AM »

Didn't know whether to say 'Patience is a virtue' or 'Good things come to those who wait' .... so consider this a twofer  Wink

True enough, but I haven't yet forgotten that I waited when that first Sandy Denny BBC Sessions CD was released, only to have it get withdrawn & the price rocket to around £200 on eBay. LOL

Yes, I know you could argue that all the material turned up later on the 4 disc Live at the BBC set, but I don't like to risk missing things anymore.  Wink
Nuthouse
He wasn't born to follow
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Northampton

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 10:59:34 AM »

Yes, I know you could argue that all the material turned up later on the 4 disc Live at the BBC set, but I don't like to risk missing things anymore.  Wink

Fair comment Dave but you are not dealing with the BBC  Wink

What isn't real is genuine illusion....
arie

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 11:25:44 PM »

........I haven't yet forgotten that I waited when that first Sandy Denny BBC Sessions CD was released, only to have it get withdrawn & the price rocket to around £200 on eBay. LOL

I ordered it from the (Australian) Friends of Fairport at the time and it was delivered to my doorstep after release, going from England to Australia back to Europe - the Netherlands in no time.
I only learned shortly afterwards how lucky I was.
But I'm getting of topic......., so:
Still waiting for the Judy Dyble 2cd retrospective I ordered a few years ago
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 08:56:18 AM »

Still waiting for the Judy Dyble 2cd retrospective I ordered a few years ago

Hi Arie
This is me, Judy Dyble, and I am concerned that you ordered my retrospective 2 years ago. I hope no-one took any money from you..
That was an anthology which was to be released by Sanctuary who were then taken over by Universal and the anthology was one of the things that did not materialise and in that particular form will never do so now.

There will be an anthology released next year, by me which will have more rare items than those on the Sanctuary one. It is not available for pre-order.. Grin

Trader Horne has been finally manufactured after previous attempts were rejected by Jon as they weren't up to standard, so they should be on their way to us shortly

Fragile should now be on it's way to everyone, the distributors were sending them out, unfortunately it appears they missed a page of addresses (which included mine!) so some were delayed.

I would like to hear from anyone that ordered it and has recieved it, just so that I know that they have gone out.

Jude

arie

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 02:09:52 AM »

Hi Arie
This is me, Judy Dyble, and I am concerned that you ordered my retrospective 2 years ago. I hope no-one took any money from you..
That was an anthology which was to be released by Sanctuary who were then taken over by Universal and the anthology was one of the things that did not materialise and in that particular form will never do so now.

There will be an anthology released next year, by me which will have more rare items than those on the Sanctuary one. It is not available for pre-order.. Grin
snip

Jude

I'm sorry that I caused you worry Judy, but I was fully compensated then, so no trouble.
I was disappointed then, as I thought it would be a very nice overview and of course it brought together some loose ends, but in the meantime  I learned here what happened and that you are planning that anthology yourself
Looking forward to it
Thanks a lot for everything

vriendelijke groeten
Arie
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: