TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:27:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In the Club - Nicol and Swarbrick  (Read 4507 times)
Steve with the black dog
Your fox is male
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: The rainy Lake District

So little time, so much to do

« on: July 15, 2010, 10:42:34 PM »

My evening was much improved with the arrival of In the Club - just released on Talking Hefalump.

It is a great album and I heartily recommend it.  There are some wonderful tracks that allow Simon Nicol to show just what an excellent guitarist he really is.  Very often when playing with FC, Simon allows the virtuosity hat to be worn by the men at the left and right of the stage.  Just listen to this superb CD and listen to what beautiful technically challenging playing Simon is capable of.

If you haven't already done so, follow the link to Talking Elephant and grab yourself a copy Fez

http://www.talkingelephant.co.uk/homepage/homepage.php

A simple life, voluntarily chosen, can be a source of strength.
Dave Brzeski
I'm seeing an alternate universe

Loc: Peterborough

IM me here before requesting ICQ/Yahoo/MSN

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 11:44:41 PM »

Call me a grouch, but I'm getting a bit fed up with Talking Elephant reissuing CDs I bought the first time around, with a couple of bonus tracks.

I wonder if any artists have yet been told, on trying to hawk their new CD at a gig, "No thanks, I'll wait a year & get the reissue with the extra tracks!"?
Steve with the black dog
Your fox is male
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: The rainy Lake District

So little time, so much to do

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 11:55:09 PM »

Call me a grouch, but I'm getting a bit fed up with Talking Elephant reissuing CDs I bought the first time around, with a couple of bonus tracks.

I wonder if any artists have yet been told, on trying to hawk their new CD at a gig, "No thanks, I'll wait a year & get the reissue with the extra tracks!

Dave, you are a grouch Wink

I assume that this is still good for the artists?  It was certainly good for me to receive it in the post Grin

Steve

A simple life, voluntarily chosen, can be a source of strength.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 04:08:15 PM »

I can't find the other thread this was discussed in, but the title rang a bell,  and a quick glance at amazon shows me this actually had a vinyl release on good old Music on Vinyl in 2010.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: