TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:32:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Cropredy Pics wanted  (Read 4690 times)
carl
n3wb

Loc: Birmingham and Oswestry

« on: May 25, 2006, 11:37:07 PM »

Hi folks. I'm new to this so I hope it goes out to all the right people. Undecided I am putting together a little booklet on the Cropready festival over the years. I myself have done loads of snaps from about the mid eighties onwards. However, does anyone have any happy snaps from the early years, or even the first one? Would you be ok about them being used possibly in the book?? It's early days yet but any help would be so appreciated. If you folks have any, could you email them to me at mail@carlhopley.com I will be eternally grateful Smiley

Cheers evryone
Carl
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 02:57:27 PM by Neil » Logged
Dad Volt
Disturber of the Peace
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Preston Lancs

Same as before!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:24:05 AM »

Better make sure you spell Cropredy ready in your book Carl  Wink Sorry can't help you personally my first was '89, but there are some old stagers knocking about here. good luck with the book though, would be interested in seeing how it turns out.

Happy mainly.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:43:14 AM »

Is it for publication Carl or just for yourself?

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
tarda (Gill)
Our own Harvey Goldsmith
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: West Sussex

Otis tarda - a slow bird but a great bustard

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 04:26:50 PM »

I might. have one from '79 but it won't be very good. & I won't be able to look for a week or so.

"And dreams let you down; they just let you down,
But they never leave you..."
Nick the Stick
distracted by some wiggly string
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Eastbourne

Alright here?

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:27:58 PM »

I've been to them all except 1980, so I'll have a trawel through my stuff. Do you know how you want them technically as I'll have to scan them?

Jack O Diamonds
Hard Card

Gone, Gone, Gone

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 10:37:59 PM »

I was a little bit on the skint side in 1978/79... don't recall having a camera at the time! Pity...

So we beat on. boats against the current...
Joss

Loc: Castle Cary, Somerset

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 03:51:59 PM »

Delighted to hear someone is going to tackle the early years as my book 'Festival Folk' selected photographs from the 10 years 1995 to 2004. Are you planning to include PEOPLE as well as performers ? It will be fun to spot the changing fashions - if there have been any changes!!

I will be first in the line to buy - I love festival books and there have been very few published over the years.

Copies of my book are still available at www.festivalfolk.co.uk (all profits to Teenage Cancer Trust) although stocks are running low now. I hope to still have some copies to sell at Cropredy in August.

cheers
Joss
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: