TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:49:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picture of FC outside The Brasenose  (Read 7868 times)
Hertsman

« on: August 14, 2007, 01:27:18 PM »

Hi

Can anyone help me, I seem to recall an album cover with FC posing outside the Brasenose. Did I imagine this as I can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere?
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 01:29:07 PM »

Back of the album "Nine" from 1973

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
Hertsman

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 01:30:22 PM »

Thanks mate I knew I could rely on you.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:51:53 PM »

Inside the gatefold on the original vinyl!!

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Hertsman

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 01:53:13 PM »

Thanks Nick, is it available on the cd format do you know?
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 01:54:21 PM »

Thanks Nick, is it available on the cd format do you know?

Yes
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 02:03:18 PM »

And Koen Hottentot did a cartoon version...

Flobbadob!
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 02:06:21 PM »

I wonder how many people have tried to re-enact that Brasenose pic off the Nine cover, like an FC tourist version of Abbey Road. It ain't very original to do so, but 'tis fun. I did, once, but that was ten years ago and I'm not even in the pic (coz I took it), so I think I got away with it.
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 02:07:51 PM »

wRants did.

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 02:12:56 PM »

Err, yeah that too. This was 1995. Bloody 'ell, 12 years ago already. I got the idea to do that whilst in Banbury in March that year for the Ashley Hutchings 50th B-day gig in The Mill. Early that day I went to (oddly deserted, haha!) Cropredy with my mate Richard Hamilton and took a pic of the Brasenose from the same position the Nine sleeve pic was taken, and once home I drew it, and put the then-current line up in there in the same position. So many details had changed when you look at it closely but some cracks in stones were in fact the same as in the 1973 pic. That's stuff you only really notice when you've got to draw the bloody thing of course.
Simon Withers

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 01:46:48 PM »

I have a picture of three friends out side the Brasenose from about 1983, sadly I too am not in the picture as I was taking the photograph. I thought I may take one this year of my wife and I, however there were too many cars parked outside so I didn't bother.  
mik
Its a hawk moth!!

Loc: newmarket

Art! Empire! Industry!

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 12:28:09 AM »

but was anyone off of here actually at that gig in the garden?Huh!!!

There's no truth in a telephone booth or a rock and roll toilet
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 11:09:23 AM »

Err, yeah that too. This was 1995. Bloody 'ell, 12 years ago already. I got the idea to do that whilst in Banbury in March that year for the Ashley Hutchings 50th B-day gig in The Mill. Early that day I went to (oddly deserted, haha!) Cropredy with my mate Richard Hamilton and took a pic of the Brasenose from the same position the Nine sleeve pic was taken, and once home I drew it, and put the then-current line up in there in the same position. So many details had changed when you look at it closely but some cracks in stones were in fact the same as in the 1973 pic. That's stuff you only really notice when you've got to draw the bloody thing of course.

I've got your drawing Koho on the wall of my stairs....  under Sgt Croppers Yearly Fairport band!!

Got the tea towel too.. but can't find it this year  Sad

Time for an updated drawing maybe... ?

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »

Well, would be a bit same-y wouldn't it, doing a Fairport version of Sgt Pepper again. Though perhaps I can do a Fairport version of the Beatles' White Album this time  Grin
The Sgt Croppers poster did get me into Wikipedia's text about The Beatles' Sgt Pepper, so I noticed recently. Fame at last!

If anyone wants the A3 sized poster from 1997 (that's the original one, not the digitally-fiddled-around one which went into the UnConventional box set) - I still have a few (actually, five) of the 200 numbered/signed ones we did 10 years ago. PM if interested ... a mere 5 pounds plus postage.

I haven't done a drawing for Fairport in eons, I can't remember what the last one was which went into the Cropredy programme, possibly the Sgt Croppers one was indeed the last one (was the middle spread in the 1997 programme). I'd happily do a new one. Though not as giant as the Sgt Croppers one preferrably!

Sgt Croppers Yearly Fairport Band ... the original title, courtesy of Simon N, was Sgt Peggy's Slightly Old Farts Club Band. I even made a logo for that, I remember. But it was vetoed, alas alas  Roll Eyes
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 01:43:05 PM »

Well, would be a bit same-y wouldn't it, doing a Fairport version of Sgt Pepper again. Though perhaps I can do a Fairport version of the Beatles' White Album this time  Grin
The Sgt Croppers poster did get me into Wikipedia's text about The Beatles' Sgt Pepper, so I noticed recently. Fame at last!

If anyone wants the A3 sized poster from 1997 (that's the original one, not the digitally-fiddled-around one which went into the UnConventional box set) - I still have a few (actually, five) of the 200 numbered/signed ones we did 10 years ago. PM if interested ... a mere 5 pounds plus postage.

I haven't done a drawing for Fairport in eons, I can't remember what the last one was which went into the Cropredy programme, possibly the Sgt Croppers one was indeed the last one (was the middle spread in the 1997 programme). I'd happily do a new one. Though not as giant as the Sgt Croppers one preferrably!

Sgt Croppers Yearly Fairport Band ... the original title, courtesy of Simon N, was Sgt Peggy's Slightly Old Farts Club Band. I even made a logo for that, I remember. But it was vetoed, alas alas  Roll Eyes

Yes please  Grin Grin E-mail me

Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 02:35:18 PM »

Koen - I got your PM, that's fine, but in future, please e-mail me, as I cannot reply to PM's  Smiley thanks

Ollie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: