TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:31:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ecoute Ecoute ??  (Read 3330 times)
rogthedodge

« on: September 09, 2007, 03:45:36 AM »

One thing has always puzzled me and you're (probably) the chaps who may know the answer.

Ecoute ecoute is listed as a proposed single release that never happened. It was clearly recorded etc with a budget rather than just a demo.

Anyone know why it was never released, why it was recorded? I mean the time between recording & release would've been so short what could have changed? ie if it wasn't to be released why record it & vice-versa?

Hope someone will be able to shed some light.

Cheers

R
Philip W
forgiving of the rhetorical flourish

Loc: Cambs

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »

It was clearly recorded etc with a budget rather than just a demo.

It's just a remix with a different vocal, isn't it?

Anyone know why it was never released, why it was recorded?

I try to read whatever I can find about Sandy Denny but I’ve never seen that explained. The sad fact is that the two people most likely to know the answer have gone to the great studio in the sky. Conceivably, John Wood, who engineered the track, might remember. Not sure how approachable he is? Apparently, he wouldn’t give Heylin an interview for his biography. Perhaps you need to book into the guesthouse he now runs in Scotland if you want to hear his Sandy stories…

Knowing as we do how she panicked when Tony Blackburn chose “Listen, Listen” as his Single of the Week, is it possible she just changed her mind about this assault on the French market?

Blogs at Brush on Drum and tweets at @PhilipEMWard
rogthedodge

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 05:53:50 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

It's all a learning curve for me, until recently I'd always assumed it had been released in France but spotted the other day it was listed as 'unreleased' which got me thinking......

I'm going to have to try and track down that book  Smiley

Cheers

R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: