TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:44:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WinTour 2013  (Read 91948 times)
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2013, 07:53:16 AM »

I can only second Joanna's report from Tunbridge Wells - great show last night in New Brighton, despite the limitations of the venue. The main hall is being refurbished, so we were in a temporary room - very low stage and flat seating, unreserved, so I'm glad we weren't near the back and stifling heat.

I wasn't sure what I'd make of Fake Thackray before the show, so I was pleased to find him very funny and entertaining.

It was nice to see Simon playing electric guitar a bit more than usual and , As Joanna says, Ric's jokes are terrible (but in a good way) and I thought the whole performance was fabulous.

I'll 'spoiler' the setlist in case someone doesn't wan't to know

Penguin (Dunc)
O RLY?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Royton, Lancashire

The Wrong Side of Weird!

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2013, 01:17:49 PM »

Off to the Lowry this evening and really looking forward to seeing Fairport after reading that set list!

It Doesn't Stop Being Magic Just Because You Know How It's Done!
Penguin (Dunc)
O RLY?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Royton, Lancashire

The Wrong Side of Weird!

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2013, 11:52:50 PM »

Well, that was every bit as good as I expected, plus a bit more!

A really good mix of songs, a couple I don't recall hearing live before, and some really interesting arrangments. If you haven't got a ticket, and there are still some available, I'd get yourself down to a show near you! Smiley

It Doesn't Stop Being Magic Just Because You Know How It's Done!
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don´t mention the war

« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »

I´m looking forward to see the show in Leamington Spa.  Tiara
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »

I'd just like to point out that the unwanted apostrophe in want is a typo - I was horrified when I saw it!
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2013, 10:26:02 PM »

three more days s and its leicester  Grin Who else is going ?? what about a meet for a drink before during or after??
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:10 PM »

three more days s and its leicester  Grin Who else is going ?? what about a meet for a drink before during or after??

Will be there about 7.  bar on the left, but i can't talk sheen in to seeing FC for her sixteenth time.
gower flower (Shirl)
Welsh Undresser
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Sweet synchronicity

« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2013, 12:10:35 AM »

I will be there with daughter Amy. Please say "Hi" if you spot us  Cheesy Tiara

That's not dirt, it's patination!
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2013, 07:56:08 AM »

Looking forward to Cardiff, St David's Hall, next month.  In the meantime I'll be at the same venue on 20th February for Richard Thompson - not a bad warm up act!!!  Grin

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Red Shoes (Caz+Mark)
never built a bear in my life
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Birmingham

The bass player's back !

« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2013, 10:11:33 AM »

We will be there  Wink

C

Back working on new album, with Peggy on base and a certain fiddle player who should be knighted :-)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »

We might be there... not quite decided yet.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
hendo (Dave)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »

Come on Jenny. I made a last minute decision, cos we're not doing Cropredy main field this yr and bought a ticket on Mon ( as i said Sheena's not keen)
 I was delighted to be asked if I wanted to be in the circle or stalls. It means there's a decent audience in cos if not they would have closed the circle. I was a bit worried about FC in De Mont, after seeing them in much smaller venues and them playing Leamington the next day.
 Row M in the middle, all on me lonesome, eye level with the stage sounds alright to me. Friends are going but they booked tickets yonks ago and are near the front.
I may have to wear 'the hat' as per avatar for ident purposes!!!!!!
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »

Haha Dave.. no it's cos I'm not sure re Puggs and work that day...  and we have got good tix for Chesterfield later  Cheesy

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2013, 02:11:04 PM »

Haven't made up my mind whether to go either. I'm going to have a very late night with my gig at the Musician the night before, plus I never know what time I may finish work.

I'll be seeing them at Cropredy and Butlins this year, so do I need to see them three times?

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....
hendo (Dave)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »

Haven't made up my mind whether to go either. I'm going to have a very late night with my gig at the Musician the night before, plus I never know what time I may finish work.

I'll be seeing them at Cropredy and Butlins this year, so do I need to see them three times?

Yeah, sorry Andy at the moment I'm vacillating on your gig, much as I want to see Fay brotherhood again.
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2013, 02:58:51 PM »

only 20 tickets left for Leamington - guess no Brummie gig means the Leam will get a good house.

DW
jamesiegang

Loc: Mirfield West Yorks

How Can You Dance With Two Left Feet?

« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »

Looks like the same set list at Salford as at New Brighton under the Shankly Spoiler.
Fake Thackray (John Watterson with Paul Thompson on bass) played Sister Josephine as the 'transition' song with Fairport and came back on for Meet On The Ledge.Good choice for the support slot.
First visit to the Quays theatre at The Lowry and it is a great place for a concert. The main area (the Lyric?) had been used all day by Britain's Got Talent.Just as the doors for the Quays were opening, the bar and Fairport merchandise area were visited by the four BGT judges in two pairs with the cameras in tow.
Cue for some immediate banter from the Fairport gang which was referenced throughout the show.
Britain's Got Issues indeed to quote Mr. Nicol.
Could there be a bigger contrast in the attitudes of the 'celebrities'?
Fantastic Wintour show again,go for your tickets now.

"A Man of the Earth ...A Man of the Soil"
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »

I'd just like to point out that the unwanted apostrophe in want is a typo - I was horrified when I saw it!

Oh I thought you'd gone into yorkshire speak Wink Grin

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2013, 12:51:18 AM »

Come on Jenny. I made a last minute decision, cos we're not doing Cropredy main field this yr and bought a ticket on Mon ( as i said Sheena's not keen)
 I was delighted to be asked if I wanted to be in the circle or stalls. It means there's a decent audience in cos if not they would have closed the circle. I was a bit worried about FC in De Mont, after seeing them in much smaller venues and them playing Leamington the next day.
 Row M in the middle, all on me lonesome, eye level with the stage sounds alright to me. Friends are going but they booked tickets yonks ago and are near the front.

row e middle (7.8.9.10) I'll try to get to bar for 7.00 (Left as you look at it ?) I'm the big guy in the big dave tshirt  Fez Tiara
hendo (Dave)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »

row e middle (7.8.9.10) I'll try to get to bar for 7.00 (Left as you look at it ?) I'm the big guy in the big dave tshirt  Fez Tiara

My dress sense is yet to be decided. Black probably. So you could look for an old fat, bald bloke with a beard dressed in a collarless shirt..............ah!That'll narrow it down
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: