TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:32:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acoustic Tour 2009  (Read 82661 times)
Angela
all that hair bobbing about
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lost in Kent

« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2009, 12:31:27 PM »

ummmmm......8 hour round trip!

Never mind, only 75 days till Cropredy Grin
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2009, 12:33:12 PM »

Haha.. you've done it before.. and further.. and in the fog.. in December!!

See you in The Field  Cool Tiara

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Angela
all that hair bobbing about
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lost in Kent

« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »

Haha.. you've done it before.. and further.. and in the fog.. in December!!

See you in The Field  Cool Tiara

I'm feeling very tempted!
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2009, 01:09:43 PM »

Give in to temptation Angela.. you know you want to!!!

Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »

Fairport at Papplewick 30th May 2009

The worst thing about putting on a Fairport gig is that the next day (today) I float about in a semi daze..  but know that on Monday I will have to get back to earth and deal with ‘other things’  Sad  that’s life!

The best things about putting on a Fairport gig include spending time in the company of these lovely people, seeing the smiles on the faces of each and every member of the audience and knowing that I have played a small part in making this happen  Smiley

It was a wonderful night.  The  Cool shone relentlessly, the band arrived early, as did much of the audience.  All the chaps were very well on form, though tired after a long tour.. there was an air of ‘end of termness’ in the atmosphere..  most looking forward to a bit of a rest.. though Chris will be out again within days on the Whippersnapper tour!

As they arrived in the van Puggs was hammering a sign saying ‘Fairport’ into the hard ground.. they gave him the thumbs up in welcome. The sound and lighting was soon up and the soundcheck done.  There was a bit of furniture moving as the band room was full of election cubicles for Thursday.. so they had an even smaller room as their own.. they could barely all fit in.. but at least it really was backstage!

I can’t add much to what has already been said here about the music.. it’s all been said and the set list was the same.  What I will say though is that it was magical…  a perfect gig on a perfect night  Grin

Puggs had deep discussions with Ric and Chris about Ukulele Central.. very exciting..  Mave the Rave.. aka Pastiemum was in seventh heaven.. after a long illness she was so happy to be there in the midst of this great music again.. and loved having her photo taken.. a lot!

Karen and I carefully wrapped Ric’s C ro cs in cellophane with ribbons and at the end of the interval I did the raffle with Chris… as already noted the winning number was called out.. No75.. and it was Delphini!!  Tiara  None of us could quite believe that!  The raffle was in aid of the RNLI, not sure how much was raised yet but the tin was very heavy.. so if you were there and contributed.. a big Thank You.

All too soon it was John Gaudie time, then Best Wishes and Meet..  I thought: ‘the next time I hear that I will be on a field…’ They said their ‘goodbyes’ and off they went.. we had another half an hour or so packing up time and left at midnight, leaving the hired in sound & lights man with at least another half hour’s packing up to do.

What a great gig it was, very memorable. Thank you chaps  Kiss, please come again to Papplewick!

Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2009, 03:18:28 PM »

A couple of pix from last night...

[attachment deleted by admin]

delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2009, 07:33:33 PM »

Great pix Grin

It was a great night of fun and music - and a real highlight to see Mave the Rave there Kiss

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2009, 12:22:13 PM »

Fantastic pics, well done Diane  Cool (So glad these noddy boots are washable!  Wink )

Lovely photos of Mave PB!  Wink (and of course that other fella who's clinging around her neck!)  Grin

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
MikeB (Mike)
never singing Cousin Jack again
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh again

The world is not my home, I'm just passing through

« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2009, 01:11:36 PM »

Lovely photos of Mave PB!  Wink (and of course that other fella who's clinging around her neck!)  Grin

I seen him before somewhere. Bloody cheek to try and sneak into a photo with a famous TAWer, though. I think I saw him doing it before with Andy Leslie and Big Dave. Honestly. Who does he think he is?
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »

Dunno Mike.. but he sings good  Wink

Mave the Rave isn't even a TAWer.. let alone a famous one.. mind you I think she must have honorary status by now!!

Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2009, 04:09:34 PM »

Mave the Rave isn't even a TAWer.. let alone a famous one.. mind you I think she must have honorary status by now!!

He just likes having his photo taken!

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
MikeB (Mike)
never singing Cousin Jack again
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh again

The world is not my home, I'm just passing through

« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2009, 07:56:10 PM »

That's what I assumed.
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2009, 11:15:13 PM »

some pix from Saturday..........

[attachment deleted by admin]

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2009, 09:43:38 AM »

I enjoyed doing the raffle  Cool

Thanks for the pix Diane  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: