TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:26:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AT2 / THE BOOT (4-CD Set)  (Read 29826 times)
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »

the various boots,attic tracks and all the other cropredy field recordings have beeen leased out to just about anyone that wants to put out a FC compilation with pictures of the 60's/early 70's band on the cover.
 i cant see that there would be too many obstacles to them being re-released in their original form

A cropredy mega box set might just have legs if the current fad for uber expensive multi cd sets carries on

The Dude abides
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »

Hmmm - the rights will have reverted by now.

Andrew

Loc: Planet Earth

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 03:41:56 PM »

What do you think the boot tape cassettes are fetching nowadays? I have those and the 8t2 recording.  I'm pleased that I purchased the Cd's when they came out...and not having to pay huge sums of money for the said items on ebay...may be it is time to reissue them.

They're currently on ebay at a buy it now price of £120.

Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into Stanley
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 03:48:25 PM »

What do you think the boot tape cassettes are fetching nowadays? I have those and the 8t2 recording.  I'm pleased that I purchased the Cd's when they came out...and not having to pay huge sums of money for the said items on ebay...may be it is time to reissue them.

I've got a set someone can have for £119.99! Grin

They won't sell at that price (famous last words).  I've struggled to sell individual sets for more than £15 (but have sold them for as much as £25, especially AT2).

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 04:37:48 PM »

I've got a set someone can have for £119.99! Grin

They won't sell at that price (famous last words).  I've struggled to sell individual sets for more than £15 (but have sold them for as much as £25, especially AT2).

I'm surprised they don't go for more than that, David.

I would have thought, for their rarity, £120 for all three sets isn't that steep, even on cassette.

There's some optimist asking £100 (down from £150) for the "Tour Sampler" that contains no exclusive tracks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200396728619&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1057wt_740

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »

I'm surprised they don't go for more than that, David.

I would have thought, for their rarity, £120 for all three sets isn't that steep, even on cassette.

There's some optimist asking £100 (down from £150) for the "Tour Sampler" that contains no exclusive tracks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200396728619&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1057wt_740

Me too, but c'est la vie.  You can get 2/3 of that set on one CD set for less or about the same.  Its not really a quid pro quo is it?  Who the hell wants a 'rare cassette' these days?

The tour sampler to my mind, has far more value than the cassettes.  Or it would do if properly described.  That's not a VG cover...which would make me doubt the condition of the vinyl.

Horses for courses!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »

[/quote]

Who the hell wants a 'rare cassette' these days?

[/quote]

I suppose it depends on whether you want the music or the artefact.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well the music is (largely) available at the click of a button...so.... ?

quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 05:00:53 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Having never looked, I didn't appreciate that. As a matter of interest, where?

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, no, no...you know the rules, Ian.

quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 05:13:35 PM »

[/quote]

No, no, no...you know the rules, Ian.
[/quote]

Silly me. Apologies. Wrist considered slapped.  Smiley

RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 08:19:55 PM »

I'd love to have any of these on CD. I have the 'Third Leg' cassettes from 1987 plus some US only bonus songs (if memory serves correct) that came with it. I pulled them out not too long ago, and let just say they haven't held up so good! Thankfully most of those were reissued on that Quiet Joys Of Brotherhood set from a few years ago.

As an aside-Youtube is great and all, and I love watching the old Cropredy clips from the early 80's, but has there ever been any talk of a video compilation of Cropredy? Presumably those masters are somewhere from the days of those early Cropredy videos. Wouldn't it be great to have a DVD set of various performances from past and present? Presumably I would assume that its difficult due to various ownerships and licensing and....other things mentioned here?

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Here To Help

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »

I'd love to have any of these on CD. I have the 'Third Leg' cassettes from 1987 plus some US only bonus songs (if memory serves correct) that came with it. I pulled them out not too long ago, and let just say they haven't held up so good! Thankfully most of those were reissued on that Quiet Joys Of Brotherhood set from a few years ago.

As an aside-Youtube is great and all, and I love watching the old Cropredy clips from the early 80's, but has there ever been any talk of a video compilation of Cropredy? Presumably those masters are somewhere from the days of those early Cropredy videos. Wouldn't it be great to have a DVD set of various performances from past and present? Presumably I would assume that its difficult due to various ownerships and licensing and....other things mentioned here?

and some of the old videos wouldn't even be considered for commercial release today as the quality is, shall we say, variable

The Dude abides
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »

I have the VHS of Cropredy 1982 and the history 'It All Comes Round Again', plus Broughton, Alive in New York and 1998. The last three of these I was lucky enough to get transferred to DVD.

All the VHS's will be going on Ebay, if they are worth much?, as we no longer have a VHS machine and all the stuff about Digital on the other thread applies.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Here To Help

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 02:30:05 PM »

I have the VHS of Cropredy 1982 and the history 'It All Comes Round Again', plus Broughton, Alive in New York and 1998. The last three of these I was lucky enough to get transferred to DVD.

All the VHS's will be going on Ebay, if they are worth much?, as we no longer have a VHS machine and all the stuff about Digital on the other thread applies.
[/quote

i dont know what they are worth but as is your case malcolm who uses vhs anymore esp since the digital switchover

The Dude abides
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 06:53:15 PM »

I don't know the last 2 (what's Alive in New York?)...but the first 3 I have sold for between £7.50 and (once) £21 for Cropredy 1982 when a couple of bidders had last minute madness.  Generally around a tenner a piece I'd say...

Malcolm
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »

I don't know the last 2 (what's Alive in New York?)...but the first 3 I have sold for between £7.50 and (once) £21 for Cropredy 1982 when a couple of bidders had last minute madness.  Generally around a tenner a piece I'd say...

Alive in New York was issued by Woodworm USA Ltd and was the DM/Maart lineup taped in May 1991 for Japanese TV. 53 minutes, 9 tracks plus a backstage segment where each member introduces himself to the Japanese audience.

Thanks for the info David, I have just had an IM asking to buy 1982 & NY so will reply to that person shortly.
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »

I have Alive In New York as well, haven't played it in ages! Highlight might be Maart pulling out a piece of paper to proclaim the name of the new album (The Five Seasons) in Japanese. It was filmed at the sadly now defunct Bottom Line club in Greenwich Village. PS...I was there for that taping, though you can't see me.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Malcolm
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »

Just sold 1982 and Broughton for £10 each so:- 'Alive in NY', 'It All Comes Round Again' and 'Cropredy 1998 Beyond The Ledge' are going on Ebay on Sunday unless anyone wants them for £10 each plus postage first.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 12:18:18 PM »

Just sold 1982 and Broughton for £10 each so:- 'Alive in NY', 'It All Comes Round Again' and 'Cropredy 1998 Beyond The Ledge' are going on Ebay on Sunday unless anyone wants them for £10 each plus postage first.

Not as much as I'd have wanted 1982 or Broughton.   Undecided

Makes me think - we ought to have a 2nd hand music mart thing here on TAW.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: