TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:41:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Concert At Cromer Pier - female vocals  (Read 4934 times)
JimS
n3wb

« on: March 05, 2007, 03:31:55 PM »

Hi All

It is just over thirty years since I last saw Fairport Convention and, although the songs were new, the basic style and fun seemed the same.  What also interested me were two questions about the support group.  They were quite good, but what happened to the fiddle player Kat?  I saw someone in the backstage area that looked very much like her.  Secondly, Is it possible that Beth is being groomed for a female vocal role in the group (you could never replace Sandy Denny)?  This would add another dimension to the group.

Regards
JimS
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 03:34:59 PM »

Through the years FC have asked their support acts to sing on MOTL whether female or not. There have been many lovely female vocalists singing with them on other projects.. such as Chris While on the Leige & Leif set.

I imagine that Beth is one of this long string of talent.....

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:38:19 PM »

i doubt very much that fairport are grooming young ladies and i dont think they are currently looking for a female chantoozy as the money would have to be split 6 ways(7 if you count Brav)

The Dude abides
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:40:55 PM »

If Fairport were looking for a female singer I think Chris While would currently top the list, a few years back the choice would have been Vikki Clayton and I think the last female vocalist to have recorded a studio album with FC was Cathy LeSurf.

Jackdaw

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »

If Fairport were looking for a female singer I think Chris While would currently top the list, a few years back the choice would have been Vikki Clayton and I think the last female vocalist to have recorded a studio album with FC was Cathy LeSurf.

Jackdaw

Wasn't Julianne Regan considered once?

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 03:43:50 PM »

...and I think the last female vocalist to have recorded a studio album with FC was Cathy LeSurf.

Jackdaw

And that was only as a 'guest'....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 03:45:37 PM »

Jackdaw

Wasn't Julianne Regan considered once?

i bet she was Shocked

The Dude abides
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

The band are just doing their best to encourage the girls, and Beth in particular, along the musicians highway life.
If you'd witnessed the amount of behind the scenes practice & improvisation they've been doing, you'd be as mightily impressed as I am.

Beth started on WKWTTG with no encouragement from the lads, and Simon only heard Beth sing it the first time in Berwick.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: