TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:59:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Golden Anniversary Gig  (Read 83635 times)
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »

If past anniversary shows are anything to go from, it'll probably be another missed opportunity. I hope it isn't and I'm horribly wrong.

The Dude abides
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2017, 11:16:18 AM »

The Barbican Show was so perfect (even without Swarb) that I find a complete disaster (which for me would basically be a gig by the current lineup - sorry to whoever that offends) almost too much to contemplate.  I'd rather bail now if that was going to be the case.  What does everybody's schedule look like?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »

The Barbican Show was so perfect (even without Swarb) that I find a complete disaster (which for me would basically be a gig by the current lineup - sorry to whoever that offends) almost too much to contemplate.  I'd rather bail now if that was going to be the case.  What does everybody's schedule look like?

I think I might come up early on the train, catch a bit of lunch and head down to Denmark Street for a bit of window shopping. You?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2017, 11:23:19 AM »

I think I might come up early on the train, catch a bit of lunch and head down to Denmark Street for a bit of window shopping. You?

Boom boom.

ps In a nostalgic conversation about what used to be great, and really isn't any more, Denmark Street does seem rather an appropriate metaphor for the subject....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2017, 11:51:50 AM »

Ok, peoples, what do we actually know about this gig?  Do we know there are going to be guests and old material etc.  Is Richard definitely there?  Tyger?  etc.etc. I'm getting a little anxious.... Undecided

I doubt most of those things other than the material. pretty certain that the set list will be drawn from The Ledge poll as alluded to by Peggy at the Worthing gig this week. Whether that also applies to the rest of the Spring tour which surrounds 27th, I'm not sure. I wouldn't bet against Ashley being there along with a Sandy stunt double. Iain, Maart maybe. RT & DM less likely I think. They will settle for Cropredy. Indeed, in the tour programme (which is an excellent thing by the way, full of archive material) Gerry says that the next time he will see DM is at Cropredy.

quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2017, 12:15:22 PM »

Entirely agree.

RT looks doubtful as he's playing in California on 26th. DM will presumably be over for the FoF tour in April, but to be back a month later for a one off gig, also seems unlikely. However, we live in hope.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Ronald
I have to confess it was pure laziness

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »

Entirely agree.

RT looks doubtful as he's playing in California on 26th. DM will presumably be over for the FoF tour in April, but to be back a month later for a one off gig, also seems unlikely. However, we live in hope.  Smiley

This golden anniversary concert is probably not important/interesting enough for former members, otherwise they would be there. They left the band and began their own careers.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »

I'll be there, watching as I did at the original gig along with several others (or at least one person!) who was also there... I'd bring the Silent Hand-Clapping Machine as well if it was still in existence  Grin

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2017, 01:32:14 PM »

Only *watching*, Jude? That's a shame

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2017, 05:37:58 PM »

I'm not going - I left it too late to book, by which time it had sold out - but I never assumed it would be anything like the Barbican show -which was wonderful.  I think it will be a gig by the normal line-up, possibly with one or two guests, but celebrating the anniversary, so with a setlist from the poll.  Don't expect too much in the way of a Barbican-type event would be my guess.

(And if anyone is selling their tickets, feel free to point them my way!) Grin

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »

Where is this poll of which you speak, please?  Has it been and gone or is it still up and running?  Must have passed me by....

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2017, 05:48:13 PM »

Where is this poll of which you speak, please?  Has it been and gone or is it still up and running?  Must have passed me by....

I think it has long since closed.  Here's the thread about it: http://www.talkawhile.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?topic=43415.0

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2017, 06:45:53 PM »

Where is this poll of which you speak, please?  Has it been and gone or is it still up and running?  Must have passed me by....

I think it has long since closed.  Here's the thread about it: http://www.talkawhile.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?topic=43415.0

Ta.

Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2017, 09:52:02 AM »

Your memory is going, David - you posted into that thread at least once.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2017, 05:20:56 PM »

Your memory is going, David - you posted into that thread at least once.

Oh dear, it most certainly is.  I've forgotten far far more than I've ever actually known....

Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 06:11:18 PM »

I really hope it isn't a rehash of the Wintour (which I haven't seen yet - off to the Union Chapel at the end of the month); another trip to London to see the same show would be too much deja vous....
Peter H-K
inexperienced in matters ebayular

Loc: North Lancashire

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 06:58:58 PM »

I really hope it isn't a rehash of the Wintour (which I haven't seen yet - off to the Union Chapel at the end of the month); another trip to London to see the same show would be too much deja vous....

Before you?
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 07:05:51 PM »

Before you?

Tres bien! Curse you, autocorrect!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2017, 09:09:48 AM »

A change of mind for me on this one.

I've got 2 tickets for sale @ £57.20 (which is exactly what they cost me from Music Glue back in Sept).  Admittance is by one PDF attachment (which says 'admit 2') so you can only re-split if you're going in with the other person.

Happy for payment by paypal (cash transfer 'to friends and family') or bank transfer.  I'll forward the email once I have cleared funds in my account.

Contact me offlist for further details.  Ta.

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2017, 10:16:03 AM »

Would quite like to go but can only use one ticket as my usual companion for these things will be away on holiday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: