TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 19, 2024, 01:15:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Result!!!  (Read 5324 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« on: December 09, 2006, 01:35:48 PM »

I can't believe this.  Ok - I just bought a copy of Patrick Humphries' "Meet on the Ledge" (1st Ed, 1982) on ebay which I was well chuffed with at only £10.49.  Being a bit of a bookseller, I've actually sold copies of this for 40 quid, and you do see some advertised for stupid money - 150 quid etc but I don't think they ever get it.  Anyway, this was enough of a result for me and I wanted to keep this for myself as I only have a copy of the later reissue at the moment.

Until.

I start flicking through it.  Inside, next to some of the pictures, it has been signed by Dave Mattacks, Simon Nicol, Dave Pegg AND to my complete amazement, Mr Richard Thompson who has doodled on the picture on p.62 drawing a beard on himself, glasses on the cat, and writing best wishes, Richard Thompson on it.  It's definitely legit as I'd had Richard's signature before (and I know the other's anyway).

I just need to get Swarb to sign it, and that's Full Housed  Grin

I feel like the luckiest boy alive just now!

Anyway, if there is a Chris Heathcote on this forum, or anyone knows a Chris Heathcote, let me know as his book has just made me very very happy and I'd love to know where the signatures were collected.  It carries an Ex-Libris sticker and is dated 20 Nov 82.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Sir Robert Peel
Our Man For All Seasons
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 02:30:13 PM »

I'll give you three guineas (and complete immunity from prosecution in England and Wales) for it.

Peel
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 02:31:32 PM »

I'll give you three guineas (and complete immunity from prosecution in England and Wales) for it.

Peel

Three gold guineas from the year of your birth Sir Robert...?  Done deal  Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
kevin

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:11:33 PM »

Swarbs in Cropredy tomorrow, in't village hall.
So if you brought it along, and had it signed, i would give you four guineas , is that a deal ?
Kevin
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »

So if you brought it along, and had it signed, i would give you four guineas , is that a deal ?
Kevin

Grin

It's actually going by horseless carriage to Kingston in Kent to stay with my good chums Nig and Sue who will, all being well, present it to Mr Swarbrick for signing at Kingston Barn next Saturday.... so with any luck, I might just be able to save you your golden coins.  Wink

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 07:02:08 PM »

Kevin

Grin

It's actually going by horseless carriage to Kingston in Kent to stay with my good chums Nig and Sue who will, all being well, present it to Mr Swarbrick for signing at Kingston Barn next Saturday.... so with any luck, I might just be able to save you your golden coins.  Wink

So with any luck  Huh!!!  Unfortunately Swarb was taken ill on the way down to Kingston (hopefully 'just' a minor infection - anybody know?) so couldn't make it.  My book remains only 4/5ths Full-Housed ;-)  My chums tell me the support (who became the headliners) called Megson (http://www.megsonmusic.co.uk/) were very impressive.

Waterloo Wonderer
Mersey Musafir
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Formby

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 12:19:32 PM »

I think it should be burned so that my copy with all five copies is worth considerably more than four golden guineas. Roll Eyes

Seriously davidmjs just what are your lottery numbers! Grin

HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha.

Stewie Griffin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: