TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:23:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which house in Farley Chamberlayne?  (Read 6674 times)
Dubai Danny
my MIL likes it loud

Loc: Here

« on: June 05, 2016, 12:51:26 AM »

Does anyone know the location of *that* house in Farley Chamberlayne? Be nice to be able to look at it on Google Earth.

EDIT - a bit of judicious Googling suggests that it may have been Berrydown Farm. Only a front view is available in Google Images, so no way of directly comparing it with what's visible of the building from the back garden in the 1969 photos, but it's the only 6-bedroom property in Farley Chamberlayne (which is a truly tiny place).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:11:35 AM by Dubai Danny » Logged
Yorkshire Chris
Did you have a Sloppy Guiseppe?

Loc: Yorkshire (who'd have guessed...!)

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 04:28:07 PM »

Hi Danny

I believe that this is the house - Farley House, off Farley Lane at Hursley, Hampshire - Nearest Postcode SO51 0QR

If you paste this link into your browser it will show the exact location:

http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-145847-farley-house-hursley-hampshire/osmap#.V6ikxORTHIU

It can't be viewed on Google Earth Streetview but you can see the aerial view.

It's been refurbished extensively according to info in this book:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=jrqsj1v_RzoC&pg=PA1911&lpg=PA1911&dq=farley+house+fairport+convention+fir+tree&source=bl&ots=AjCBreNzVo&sig=4TrDXUxnw1oNYhocBKb3lBSz1z8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSrsmmkrLOAhUHbBoKHXPQC1EQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=farley%20house%20fairport%20convention%20fir%20tree&f=false
Dubai Danny
my MIL likes it loud

Loc: Here

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 05:29:22 PM »

Cheers Chris, I wasn't aware of that book.

Assuming that the details given are correct, an afternoon's research in the back issues of The Lady at the British Library should come up with the very classified ad that Fairport answered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: