TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:21:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guilfest - Richard Thompson  (Read 3194 times)
MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« on: July 15, 2007, 12:18:21 AM »

Richard Thompson at Guilfest

It was a lovely mostly sunny day, until the second song in the RT set, when the heavens opened.  OK not so much  the heavens opening, but there was rain in the air and at least 6 drops landed on me.  Bearing in mind that I was sheltering right against the stage protection wall thingy.

The original intention was to see the beginning of the set and then wander off to the main stage to see Squeeze, but we ended up seeing the whole of the set.  And not because he said he hoped people were not going to leave in 11 minutes to see  Squeeze, thought that he was thinking about it.

The set was great, including the bit where the sound failed in Hot for the Smarts, where for a while we had the give us a clue version.  There was also the sudden realisation that the capo was back in the dressing room so a stand in capo was found and used.

The set included. Hot for the Smarts, Down where the drunkards roll, Beeswing, Jimmy Shands, Sunset song(as the sun was setting),  Dad's gonna kill me,  Vincent Black lightning, after that my memory fails.....

The joke while waiting for the capo was "My wife was unwell and went to the upholsterers, she was fully recovered, and her doctor said she was comfortable.

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: