TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:55:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got it, I got it (RT Free Reed box set)  (Read 7413 times)
Jonathan

Loc: US

« on: February 05, 2006, 01:35:13 AM »

I received my copy of the new RT Free Reed box set yesterday, Friday.  I'm in the US, so the Royal Post and the US Mail system must have been working well together, so I got it a couple days earlier than I supposed to it looks like it.

I've only had a chance to listen to all of the "Epic Live Workouts" CD and I'm listening to CD 1 now, "Walking the Long Miles Home."  So far it's fantastic.  The only complaint I can see is for the longtime, hardcore fans, there may not be enough rare material.  There seem to be very few unknown songs.  But, everything so far is great.  I'd have loved an acoustic version of "Sloth" though.

I took me mandolin to the party, but no one asked me to play it.
Jonathan

Loc: US

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 03:05:12 AM »

I take it back, I think there's enough rare material on their that will satisfy the most hardcore fan.  I'm listening to the last CD now, the bonus rare CD.  Really good.

The sound quality is great throughout.  There are a couple dodgy tracks, but nothing that bad.

I took me mandolin to the party, but no one asked me to play it.
ollythedolly
Grownup
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Oxfordshire

One more time with feeling

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 07:37:40 AM »

going into town today at lunch to buy it!
Paolo

Loc: Parma, ITALY

Less than all can not satisfy man

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 03:02:40 PM »

Sorry Jonathan, but you're not the first  Wink
I received the box past tuesday. I live in Italy, then the point was probably just the shortes travel. Oddily enough italian mail cooperated perfectly with the usually good royal mail.
Well, I played once the 6 cd's included in the box. My top is now the Epic Live one, but the single best song is a haunting Crazy Man Micheal recorded by Richard as a special gift for the box: Richard seems to look back to '69 and you may feel ghosts in the air all aruond.

Best to all

Paolo
johnthegonne

Loc: West Kent

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 03:25:07 PM »

Mine arrived this morning. Grin Only time at lunch to open the box and send off the card for the free CD. Could be a long night ahead.

I used to be a Secondspur
ollythedolly
Grownup
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Oxfordshire

One more time with feeling

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 05:22:35 PM »

ooooo its well good! the real rarities is a great CD. and the Calvary cross on the 'epic live workouts' CD has an amazing solo! it is well worth £45.and it made my maths tutor jellos Grin
olly
johnthegonne

Loc: West Kent

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 10:41:33 PM »

WOW Shocked

Just finished 1 hour 10minutes of pure joy. CD2 Finding better Words. I can't! Still 4 more CDs to go. Why Richard, with this box set your spoiling us!

I used to be a Secondspur
AdrianW
always good to have a target to miss
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Cheshire

"The weird bloke"

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 07:10:24 AM »

I collected mine from the local delivery office on Friday (having been asleep on Thursday when delivery was attempted), and listened to it (mostly twice) while and between travelling. I greatly enjoyed it. I've not heard a lot of RT, just 4 recent albums, Cropredy 2005 and what is available on Napster, so there was much that was entirely new or different and better.

As Ms. West said: "Too much of a good thing is wonderful!"

-- Adrian
I cried for madder music and for stronger wine,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: