TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:59:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New RT Double cd  (Read 44404 times)
Nick the Stick
distracted by some wiggly string
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Eastbourne

Alright here?

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2010, 08:51:32 PM »

In an interview I read he said it definately wasn't about Sting, but then I doubt he could admit that out loud.

PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 06:03:17 PM »

Nice band. Obvious Friday headliner for Cropredy 2011.
spooley (Simon)

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 07:02:39 PM »

Well I'm a bit depressed ... I pre-ordered a download-only copy direct through the http://www.richardthompsondreamattic.com/ website, and still 'only' have the first 3 tracks, offered at the point I ordered.

No response to a support message I sent them yesterday (not a bank hol in the US, so far as I am aware) to enquire about the rest of the album.

Oh well, I'll just have to listen to the CD copy I pre-ordered (through Amazon UK) for a friend!  Rather makes a mockery of the whole download-only mechanism 'though, if physical CDs arrive more quickly.

Simon.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010, 08:57:47 PM »

Isn't that related to the US release? And thus the US release date?.....

Mr Cat (Lewis)
Probably bad form to quote yourself
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:03 PM »

Allegedly the release date is..today.  A quick trip to our local HMV reveals no new RT cds and Amazon.ca has the album listed as an import, so copies take over a week (the double CD apparently is not available until next week this side of the border).  ****..!

Thank Drunk I'm God
spooley (Simon)

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 10:17:38 PM »

Welll, I did consider that, but it's afternoon on 31st, even over there in the colonies  Smiley

Topspin have now replied to my support message, saying that I "should receive an email soon from Richard Thompson's team", so I'll look forward to that.

Simon.
Bob Barrows
Give me time ... it will wear on me
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Auburn, MA USA

Bob

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2010, 12:58:53 AM »

In the meantime, you can listen to the album here:
http://www.richardthompson-music.com/catch_of_the_day.asp?id=1262
Tony F

Loc: Portland, OR USA

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2010, 02:13:59 AM »

Will be picking this up on my way home tonight....!  (Or so I assume, my local record store had it on the bulletin board for 8/31, thought I'd buy it from them.)  My charming dinner date canceled on me, but this means I don't have to wait an extra day to hear it!

Have been counting the days since February.
Mr Cat (Lewis)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »

Tried to download via the official email link last night/this morning..each time after about 1MB the download stops due to decompression failure or something (is it coming up from the bottom of the ocean?).  Anyone else had similar problems or ideas to get round this?

Thank Drunk I'm God
Bob Barrows
Give me time ... it will wear on me
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Auburn, MA USA

Bob

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »

Tried to download via the official email link last night/this morning..each time after about 1MB the download stops due to decompression failure or something (is it coming up from the bottom of the ocean?).  Anyone else had similar problems or ideas to get round this?
I got an email this morning that Topspin is having problems with its download service. At the same time I got another email containing a link to download the entire cd. Following the link produced an error page so it appears you've gotten further than I have.
Guess I should have bought the cd itself instead of the digital-only option ...

I should add that having listened to the cd on the AOL page, I consider it to be a step up from Sweet Warrior.
Mr Cat (Lewis)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 05:54:01 PM »

I got an email this morning that Topspin is having problems with its download service. At the same time I got another email containing a link to download the entire cd. Following the link produced an error page so it appears you've gotten further than I have.
Guess I should have bought the cd itself instead of the digital-only option ...

Well at least its not me or our computer!  I have the CD on order, but it looks as if that is not going to be arriving straight away.  The UK was far better served in terms of distribution and availability it seems.

Thank Drunk I'm God
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 07:41:13 PM »

Has RT actually admitted anywhere in public that "Here Comes Geordie" is actually about Sting?

From the Beesweb Q&A update today;

I can see why people think this is about Sting, but it is mere coincidence. I wrote the song about another person, who mortally insulted a good friend of mine, and deserves to be publicly flogged. So let's end all this Sting speculation.

Jimmy Nail?  Roll Eyes

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Harbottle (Martin)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Coventry

Hark at me!

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »

I've had this on in the car most of this week. Damn fine album, and some of it really does remind me of Sloth or Full House/Liege era Fairport. Perhaps my favourite RT album of recent years.

"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." - Philip Larkin
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 10:30:22 PM »

Listened to half of it yesterday and the rest just now. It's a bit good isn't it? Really looking forward to seeing it done live In January.

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »

Bugger, looks like I'm going to have to buy this.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....
Sir Martin
ignore the signs for the dearie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hebden Bridge

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 08:01:08 AM »

Finally got mine yesterday, so a day of RT'ing today!

It's like the giant, generous, flip you to the world. Industry, the Internet, sport and the flipping Beatles. Flip you all melonfarmers, but especially Paris.
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 08:35:19 AM »

Finally got mine yesterday, so a day of RT'ing today!

Me too - can't wait to hear it properly.
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 09:17:03 AM »

I've been listening to this on the journey to and from work - and made the same mistake each time... whether it's the acoustic or electric version playing I've pulled into my drive just as the last song begins. And since I've had a succession of long days & late evenings at work, I've been too hungry to sit in the car and let it finish. So I've still not heard all of it!  Embarrassed

Since I've got a gap in the back-to-back meetings this afternoon I shall try and rectify that today.

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »

I've been listening to this on the journey to and from work - and made the same mistake each time... whether it's the acoustic or electric version playing I've pulled into my drive just as the last song begins.

Snap! I'm thinking of writing to the manufacturer to complain.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Tony F

Loc: Portland, OR USA

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »

I've been listening to this on the journey to and from work - and made the same mistake each time... whether it's the acoustic or electric version playing I've pulled into my drive just as the last song begins. And since I've had a succession of long days & late evenings at work, I've been too hungry to sit in the car and let it finish. So I've still not heard all of it!  Embarrassed

Since I've got a gap in the back-to-back meetings this afternoon I shall try and rectify that today.

You must ~ because the last song is the very best one  Smiley

"Love is worth every wound"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: