TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:01:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wintour 2024  (Read 5176 times)
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2024, 05:38:09 PM »

Excellent gig at the packed out Union Chapel. The only slightly worrying thing to me was that both Simon and Peggy were really imploring people to come to Cropredy, sighting many other festivals that have folded and the huge increase in costs. To my mind, it was a lot more than the usual “come to Cropredy” talk. Pure speculation, but maybe ticket sales are down on where they need to be at this stage. Nonetheless, a great night and setlist (Sir William Gower all present and correct!)
Perhaps a more inspiring lineup would lead to higher ticket sales.

Hi Bill, re Cropredy , I think the core of hardcore Cropredy goers is shrinking…..Tempis Fugit , ie the people who would go anyway regardless of lineup. I did that continuously for over 20 yrs , with a group of 18 friends, it was a ritual, a pilgrimage with its own fables and rites……..
A pendulum may have swung to where people are considering the lineup and other festival lineups before committing. I now fall into that group. Of course people go in large groups , sometimes family groups, meet up and have a bloody good time , others go specifically for the bands.
Not sure if the Fringe Fest at Brasenose is having an effect, now ticketed with a very strong lineup imho.
It will be interesting to see how the village / parking copes with , effectively 2 fests.
There are some very strong fest line ups about this yr and money gets tighter so at the risk of stating the obvious….’you pays yer money , yer makes yer choice…..’
I suspect Rick Wakeman , Trevor Horn , Focus and Tony Christie aren’t going to attract a new audience,or , as you refer to, even maintain the old one..
Hope to bump into you somewhere, only ones booked so far are a music w end in the lakes , Warwick Fest and Between the Trees and Ragged Bear……
If you’re ever up and about travelling check out the ,under new management, Nuneaton Folk club, cracking line up til Aug.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: