TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:49:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2023 Preparations!  (Read 10939 times)
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2023, 09:01:18 PM »

Getting back to the theme of preparations, I have booked my Weds night overnight with youngest son in Abingdon, so I can get away at a decent time on Thursday morning, rather than having to leave home at stupid o'clock!

Book a table at the Brewery Tap and try their brisket. You'll thank me later.

We did, and I did, and I do  Grin

I'm not sure I'll need to eat for the whole of the festival now! (Though I'm sure I will  Smiley )

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Ian_
blazzawazzada brortewtomay
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Warwickshire

None the wiser

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2023, 10:35:12 AM »

I just wanted to wish everyone who's attending a peaceful, safe and delightful few days  Fez

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science." Albert Einstein
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2023, 12:11:30 PM »

Getting back to the theme of preparations, I have booked my Weds night overnight with youngest son in Abingdon, so I can get away at a decent time on Thursday morning, rather than having to leave home at stupid o'clock!

Book a table at the Brewery Tap and try their brisket. You'll thank me later.

We did, and I did, and I do  Grin

I'm not sure I'll need to eat for the whole of the festival now! (Though I'm sure I will  Smiley )

Probably good that I didn't suggest doubling it up with the Pulled Pork...

Have a great festival, Will, and all who are attending.

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2023, 12:14:51 PM »

...the same from me to everyone, wish we were there, have a super time  Smiley
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2023, 01:19:48 PM »

Have a wonderful time everyone! Smiley

Had decided not to go this year & have just realised that my last Cropredy was 2018! I think I can guess where a lot of that time disappeared! Sad

I was thinking it might be nice to go along on Saturday...Would anyone know if there is a ticket sales point at Cropredy? Doubtful I know, but I am only familiar with the ticket/wristband exchange from my previous times attending.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2023, 01:54:19 PM »

Had decided not to go this year & have just realised that my last Cropredy was 2018! I think I can guess where a lot of that time disappeared! Sad

I was thinking it might be nice to go along on Saturday...Would anyone know if there is a ticket sales point at Cropredy? Doubtful I know, but I am only familiar with the ticket/wristband exchange from my previous times attending.

Always used to be just in from the top gate (not the 'arena' but the camping side), but I haven't been for 13 years so may be very wrong.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2023, 02:18:35 PM »

Always used to be just in from the top gate (not the 'arena' but the camping side), but I haven't been for 13 years so may be very wrong.

Thanks David! Smiley Yes, I do seem to recall this as well (certainly pre internet days)! Always seemed a great way of generating a bit of last minute extra income! Maybe I will just go along & try my luck! Grin
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 02:30:46 PM by Glen S » Logged
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2023, 02:09:44 PM »

Just charging the big wifi speaker and an emergency little one, ready for 8pm, when BBC website  states that Radio Oxford will be broadcasting highlights and the Fairport set.

Getting my Cropredy jewellery ready and my hair flowers, to wear in the sitting room  Grin
StephenGiles
much grovelling in the attic

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2023, 03:09:20 PM »

Just charging the big wifi speaker and an emergency little one, ready for 8pm, when BBC website  states that Radio Oxford will be broadcasting highlights and the Fairport set.

Getting my Cropredy jewellery ready and my hair flowers, to wear in the sitting room  Grin

It took me over 30 minutes to remember how to set Task Scheduler for recording - now in Windows 11 it seems rather temperamental!!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2023, 07:56:33 PM »

Will shout extra loud when they come on for you Lorna!  Cheesy

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2023, 08:00:04 PM »

Will shout extra loud when they come on for you Lorna!  Cheesy

Thanks  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: