TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there still any unknown tracks out there!  (Read 12568 times)
Jack O Diamonds
Hard Card

Gone, Gone, Gone

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 10:30:13 PM »

Concerning remaining  BBC session tracks, one of several Sandy era versions of MORNING GLORY demands to be released and would receive instant canonization.  I have one version that is simply exquisite with an absolutely glorious RT solo!

Absolutely.... was one of my absolute favourites early on... And for gawds sake is there NO recording of Rich T going off on one doing "East-West"Huh??

So we beat on. boats against the current...
Jack O Diamonds
Hard Card

Gone, Gone, Gone

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 10:33:21 PM »

I finished reading Joe Boyd's book last night and he implies that a tape exists of a "jam" session with Led Zepellin and the Full House lineup after a gig at the LA Troubadour. (I seem to recall reading that somewhere else as there were comments about Peter Grant's language - was that on the cover of the original "House Full"?) He said that you can hear Jimmy Page trying to keep up with Richard Thompson and Robert Plant's voice was louder than the amplifiers! That would be rather interesting to hear.

Urban myth... I figure something would have emerged from the primordial ooze by now... pity... if I remember rightly Mr Page was playing Simon's lovely guitar (which was it then, Norm??) and complained about the railway lines Simon so usefully employed as strings... What a treasure this one would be! Listen to Rich T playing on "Sir B McKenzie" on House Full.... how the hell can anyone play as well as that? Eat your heart out Alvin Lee!

So we beat on. boats against the current...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: