TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:55:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peggy and the Itullian Convention  (Read 7549 times)
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don´t mention the war

« on: September 25, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »

Hi all,
on Saturday the Italian  Jethro Tull Convention took place in Novi Ligure, a nice town in northern Italy.
Our Peggy was amongst the Special Guests, so were Glenn Cornick (first bass player of Jethro Tull), Clive Bunker (first drummer) and Ian Anderson (the guy with the flute  Tongue).

Peggy played some songs from his solo album "The Cocktail Cowboy Goes It Alone" and some acoustic Tull material, Ian Anderson joined in as well.

We all had a fantastic weekend and Peggy enjoyed it very much.

Martin, do you have a set list?
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Don´t mention the war

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 01:06:29 PM »

Here´s a photo

Oops, how did I double it?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 01:14:05 PM »

Now, these two pictures are almost identical but there are five differences between them.

What you must do use a keen eye to study the pictures and circle the bits that are different.

Send your answers to Blue Peter, BBC TV Centre, London and the winner will get a prize

Smiley

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 01:41:48 PM »

Nice photo Ulla, the set was  "Peggy's Pub", "Swirling Pit" & Ian Anderson's "Jack Frost & the Hooded Crow".  
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Don´t mention the war

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 01:52:46 PM »

Thank you, Martin.

Some more photos of the convention can be found here:
http://www.laufi.de/board/viewtopic.php?t=749&start=15
Waterloo Wonderer
Mersey Musafir
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Formby

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 05:11:55 PM »

Forgive my ignoriance of things teutonic but what's the german for slideshow!

HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha.

Stewie Griffin.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 07:29:03 PM »

Kamerapikturallesinordnungfursehen

The Dude abides
Stationary M25 Traveller

Loc: Not quite over the hill, Kent

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »

Two peggs.

Enough to hang a shirt on the line.

Smiley

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again.
tullist/raymond
I'll grab my shield and rhythm stick
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: river forest, illinois USA

the others knew nothing about spekkatacles

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 08:02:30 AM »

Thank you  for posting this information Ulla, on Talk Tull there's been virtually no mention of it. I think IA's buddy Grimmanelli was supposed to come and maybe Jeffrey too, but with those present you broke the bank. Hopefully finances will return to where I can make what once were regular visits over the pond. So many of these great events have occured in the past 15? years including at least a few in the US out east, never miss the tours, but haven't made one of these events. IA, unlike Peggy, may not be everybody's best pal but it seems he goes out of his way to make most of these events. He's a good sort and a fair musician, eh? Dave Pegg, love you now and always dear dear man.   

"Be this gung or be this ho may glorious battle resurrect you"
martin driver
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 10:20:59 AM »

Thank you  for posting this information Ulla, on Talk Tull there's been virtually no mention of it. I think IA's buddy Grimmanelli was supposed to come and maybe Jeffrey too, but with those present you broke the bank. Hopefully finances will return to where I can make what once were regular visits over the pond. So many of these great events have occured in the past 15? years including at least a few in the US out east, never miss the tours, but haven't made one of these events. IA, unlike Peggy, may not be everybody's best pal but it seems he goes out of his way to make most of these events. He's a good sort and a fair musician, eh? Dave Pegg, love you now and always dear dear man.   

Griminelli was indeed present, he played a couple of tunes with IA, who also introduced the audience to a young violinist from Serbia, or possibly Croatia, a lady named Takira who added some much needed glamour to the proceedings.

The conventions are always great fun, I hope you have the possiblity to attend one in the future.
Clive Bunker who has played at many of the Italian (Itullians)and Spanish (Tullianos) festivals sums these events up wonderfully, I'm sure he will forgive me for quoting him,
" I don't like Italy, I am forced to eat wonderful food, see fabulous places and drink wine with warm people, it's just horrible" (Clive Bunker 2006)
tullist/raymond
I'll grab my shield and rhythm stick
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: river forest, illinois USA

the others knew nothing about spekkatacles

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 03:59:09 PM »

Thanks so much Martin, wasn't even aware that the Spanish had their own take on this. Such little as I've seen of Clive in interviews on film or print he does seem highly likable. Understandably to me IA has more to be defensive about, thirty and more years ago it would not have been doable for the possibility of a Mark Chapman type person of irreversible fanaticism being around. Was able to meet him a couple times in 1983on Skye, that picture on my avatar recording one of them. He was quite responsive to non Tull inquiries, sort of from the aspect of I'm another human, I am not Jethro Tull, quite easy to respect. Thanks again!

"Be this gung or be this ho may glorious battle resurrect you"
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 07:46:38 AM »

From the rather wonderful ministry of information website (www.ministry-of-information.co.uk):

Guests: Ian Anderson, Dave Pegg, Clive Bunker, Glenn Cornick, Wild Turkey, Andrea Griminelli, Lincoln & Giacomo Lelli, Beggar's Farm, Tinkara.
John Evans, Barrie Barlow & Jeffrey Hammond did not attend.
Music included:
Wild Turkey (incl. Glenn & Clive) w. Ian (flute): Northern Lights
Beggar's Farm, Dave Pegg & Ian: Level Pegging, Peggy's Pub, Swirling Pit (new arrangement), Jack Frost And The Hooded Crow
Ian, Tinkara & Aldo: Wond'ring Aloud
Ian, Tinkara, Giacomo & Aldo: Cheap Day Return, Mother Goose
Ian, Silvia & Giacomo: Dun Ringill
Ian & Andrea Griminelli: Griminelli's Lament, Bourée
Ian & Beggar's Farm: My God, Aqualung, Locomotive Breath (w. all guests)

Looks like a great setlist! Grin

Adam
martin driver
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 11:29:52 AM »

Griminelli was indeed present, he played a couple of tunes with IA, who also introduced the audience to a young violinist from Serbia, or possibly Croatia, a lady named Takira who added some much needed glamour to the proceedings.

My sincere apologies to Tinkara for firstly spelling her name incorrectly, then changing her nationality, Tinkara is in fact from Slovenia where it would seem she is quite a star. www.tinkara.net

Here is another interesting piece of information, Itullians fan club president, Aldo (Tagliaferro) recently bought John Glasscocks bass guitar, Aldo played this bass at the convention.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: