New Linda Thompson album - Proxy Music

(1/2) > >>

davidmjs:
Well, well, well.

Hilarious cover.  Love it.

https://propermusic.com/products/lindathompson-proxymusic

And London gig on 31 Jul (Linda thinks but isn't sure)....

Alan2:
According to Linda on Facebook,  she got told off for unveiling this earlier than the record company.  I don't suppose any fans are worried about that.

davidmjs:
Quote from: Alan2 on March 15, 2024, 09:01:28 AM

According to Linda on Facebook,  she got told off for unveiling this earlier than the record company.  I don't suppose any fans are worried about that.

It was actually the record company that leaked it (on their website) which Linda then linked to.  But it's out there now so I don't think anything can be done about it.  I mean it's out as a pre-order on Amazon...

Anyway, I best we just need to look away until it is properly relaunched at some future point to no doubt somewhat stilted surprise and delight ;)

Alan2:
Quote from: davidmjs on March 15, 2024, 09:47:06 AM

Quote from: Alan2 on March 15, 2024, 09:01:28 AM

It was actually the record company that leaked it (on their website) which Linda then linked to.  But it's out there now so I don't think anything can be done about it.  I mean it's out as a pre-order on Amazon...

Anyway, I best we just need to look away until it is properly relaunched at some future point to no doubt somewhat stilted surprise and delight ;)

I see. Oh well, something to look forward to anyway. As I commented, the cover art alone makes it interesting.  

arie:
Tracklist according to Proper

1. The Solitary Traveller ft. Kami Thompson
2. Or Nothing At All ft. Martha Wainwright
3. Bonnie Lass ft. The Proclaimers
4. Darling This Will Never Do ft. Rufus Wainwright
5. I Used To Be So Pretty ft. Ren Harvieu
6. John Grant ft. John Grant
7. Mudlark ft. The Rails
8. Shores of America ft. Dori Freeman
9. That's the Way the Polka Goes ft. Eliza Carthy
10. Three Shaky Ships ft. The Unthanks